Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Does your gun have a clip?? >

Does your gun have a clip??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Does your gun have a clip??

Old 10-09-2003, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does your gun have a clip??

floor plate.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

my pistoland my 2 22s have detachables...and my mauser is internal and no floorplate...it is my deer rifle and i never load more then 1 round in the gun so unloading is nothing unsafe and no cycling 5 rds through or anything...i was taught to hunt with 1 round in the gun...and now that im old enough to make my own choices i still choose to do it that way....no need to have more in there then that...if i cant do it with the first one im not supposed to be out there....im supposed to be on the bench
Old 10-10-2003, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

What' s unsafe with a rifle with a blind magazine? You don' t need to chamber a round to get it out of the magazine, just move the bolt forward ahead until the round pops out of the magazine. I' ve never heard of a mauser or pushfeed type of rifle firing out of battery. With a blind magazine, you get the utmost simplicity- not bent magazine springs, no followers dropped in the snow or mud, and now warped floor plates or damaged releases to cause problems.

is my deer rifle and i never load more then 1 round in the gun so unloading is nothing unsafe and no cycling 5 rds through or anything...i was taught to hunt with 1 round in the gun...and now that im old enough to make my own choices i still choose to do it that way....no need to have more in there then that...if i cant do it with the first one im not supposed to be out there....im supposed to be on the bench
Do you also only put one gallon of gasoline in your vehicle at a time so you limit your driving? Carry One dollar in your pocket to limit your spending?

What happens if you shoot a deer with a perfect shot, and it gets up and starts running off?

Do you hunt from a bench?LOL[:-]

Old 10-12-2003, 09:35 AM
Typical Buck

i' ve got a couple rifles and shotguns with detachable magazines ,
browning lightning blr .270,
ruger 77/22 hornet ,
remington model 700 mountain rifle dm 7mm-08,
savage m99c .243,
remington m760 bdl gamesmaster .308 ,
winchester m88 .308 ,
western field bolt action shotgun 16 guage ,
marlin m25n .22 lr ,

wish i had one of those old garands with the clip magazines though but , it' s not in the cards right now
Old 10-12-2003, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I only own two now with detachable magazines. I used to own several, but I' ve been getting rid of my cheaper foreign battle rifles in favor of high quality firearms. The result has been a reduction in the total number of guns I own, but a significant increase in total value and quality.

Anyway, the two I own with detachable mags are:

Ruger 10/22 .22LR

American Heroes 9/11/01 Special Edition Glock 21 (.45ACP)

All the rest have fixed tubular magazines (2 pump shotguns), fixed internal magazine w/ floorplate (Ruger Model 77VT 22-250), or no magazine at all (3 muzzleloaders and cap' n' ball revolver).

I wish I had an M1 Garand, which is the only truly " clip-fed" weapon I can think of. Does anyone know of any more guns that are actually fed from clips, excluding the stripper-clips for speed loading magazines?

Mike
Old 10-12-2003, 01:09 PM

I have a Winchester 30-06 Breach loader.... I am thinking of changing it to a clip model..[:-][:-][:-]

Good Luck & Happy Hinting
Old 10-13-2003, 03:02 PM

I' ve got my Garand in 308 and I' m taking it to the woods for the first time this year.
Old 10-13-2003, 05:45 PM

navhunter, you better double check your garand. it should be a 30-06 not 308.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:42 PM

My Tikka has a clip.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:06 PM

popeye i belive that recently springfield produced a new batch of garands with some of them in .308. in fact i may have seen one at the store recently

Quick Reply: Does your gun have a clip??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.