Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Defective Remingtons >

Defective Remingtons

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Defective Remingtons

Old 04-13-2012, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

I have currently 2 Remington 700's..both have had trigger jobs (professionally done)...and both I have had in excess of 20 years. The 270 probably has over 1000 rounds through it (since I bought it) and has been on several hunts, it's been dropped or hit hard during a fall (It happens) while loaded. It has a trigger weight of just over 2 pounds (hold your tongues peeps...I don't want your opinion on light triggers). And guess what? Never a false-fire experience. My 7mm is a custom shop rifle and has less rounds through it...I have owned it since it was new from the Rem Custom Shop and it also has a 2 pound trigger...while it has never been dropped and has less rounds (maybe 100?) through it, it also has never false-fired. Previous 700's I have owned I have also never had problems with. Take care of your weapons clean the as recommended and you are far less likely to have a problem. Oh yeah...I have several friends that shoot only 700 Remmy's and none of them have ever experienced this either.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

i own 19 Remington model 700, 721 and 722 rifles. Most of those guns are over 40 years old: They have fired at least one million rounds, probably more. Not one of those guns has ever gone off until it was supposed too.

NBC is making a career of bashing Remington. It's an election year: Anti-gun, anti-self defense NBC is pandering to the liberal anti-gun blissninnies. This is the same NBC who showed its lack of journalistic ethics by changing the Zimmerman 911 tape.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/nbc-...rayvon-martin/

The segment Today broadcast last week ran as “Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.” The full conversation ran as: “Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about. Dispatcher: OK, and this guy – is he black, white or Hispanic? Zimmerman: He looks black.”
Then there were the GM pickup fires in crashes extravaganza that NBC rigged.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/LIE/nbc.html

Following a tip, GM hired detectives, searched 22 junkyards for 18 hours, and found evidence to debunk almost every aspect of the crash sequence. Last week, in a devastating press conference, GM showed that the conflagration was rigged, its causes misattributed, its severity overstated and other facts distorted. Two crucial errors: NBC said the truck's gas tank had ruptured, yet an X ray showed it hadn't; NBC consultants set off explosive miniature rockets beneath the truck split seconds before the crash -- yet no one told the viewers. There was plenty of sarcastic speculation about what happened between Monday afternoon, when NBC was defiantly dismissing GM's charges, and Tuesday morning, when it drafted an abject apology largely on GM's terms. NBC News president Michael Gartner says he simply realized that he had goofed by speaking first and asking questions later: ''The more I learned, the worse it got. Ultimately I was troubled by almost every aspect of the crash. I knew we had to apologize. We put 225,000 minutes of news on the air last year, and I didn't want to be defined by those 57 seconds.'' Gartner also faced nonjournalistic pressures. GM's top management had sent word it would sue via the top management of NBC's parent company, General Electric, a big GM supplier. Dateline co-anchor Jane Pauley, who shared the awkward duty of apologizing on air, told the staff in a pep talk the next day that she took ''perverse pride'' in the readiness to admit failings.

Would NBC lie to you? Yes, they would lie; they have a history of lying when it suits their liberal cause.

Last edited by falcon; 04-13-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Spike

I saw the story the other night on TV and with me being a Remington guy, I am disappointed because I own several Remington shotguns. I have had no problems with any of them. Maybe it is a different story with their rifles because I used to own a Remington 552 speed master .22 and all the gun did was jam and was just a piece a junk.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

"I own 19 Remington model 700, 721 and 722 rifles. Most of those guns are over 40 years old: They have fired at least one million rounds, probably more. Not one of those guns has ever gone off until it was supposed too."

That's absolute BS because you couldn't shoot that many times from birth to death in a normal lifetime! All I will say is that if the guy that invented the friggin trigger tells people that it needs fixing because of the problem we're discussing, I think I would follow his lead and fix the GD thing and not come up with all this crappola that "it's never happened to me or my buddies". I knew this is exactly what all the guys with Remingtons would come up with on this thread and all I can say is I hope what has happened to thousands of others doesn't happen to you. I've never owned a Remington and never will. I have Sakos, Rugers, and pre 64 Model 70s and won't have to worry about any of them due to a shoddy design. Now you Remington guys can carry on with this topic all you want, but if I did own one I'd be spending less than $100 and changing the trigger to make sure it didn't happen to me.

jr97---There is no problem with their shotguns and the only rifle now being produced by Remington that has the possibly defective trigger mechanism is the 770 to the best of my knowledge.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 04-13-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Haven't we discussed this unfounded bull **** countless times over the last couple of years? It's nothing but a bogus claim.

Safeties are nothing more than a mechanical device that can fail. Period. I don't give a **** who made the firearm.

Every safety in the world has failed at one time or another for one reason or another. If you rely on a safety, no matter the make or model of the firearm, to make your gun safe then you are an dumb ass and should be barred from owning any firearms. That woman's boy would still be alive today if she hadn't been pointing her rifle at her son.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Haven't we discussed this unfounded bull **** countless times over the last couple of years? It's nothing but a bogus claim.

Safeties are nothing more than a mechanical device that can fail. Period. I don't give a **** who made the firearm.

Every safety in the world has failed at one time or another for one reason or another. If you rely on a safety, no matter the make or model of the firearm, to make your gun safe then you are an dumb ass and should be barred from owning any firearms. That woman's boy would still be alive today if she hadn't been pointing her rifle at her son.
That is it in a nutshell. Good post Bigbulls.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

bigbulls and Colorado Luckydog---You guys obviously don't know squat about what this is about because it's not even the safety that's in question here. It's the Walker trigger system that is made different than any other trigger and Walker himself has stated since it first went into production that it needed to be changed and Remington didn't follow his advice!
Old 04-13-2012, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
bigbulls and Colorado Luckydog---You guys obviously don't know squat about what this is about because it's not even the safety that's in question here. It's the Walker trigger system that is made different than any other trigger and Walker himself has stated since it first went into production that it needed to be changed and Remington didn't follow his advice!
This has been going on for years. I have went through and read everything I could about the subject. Bottom line is, dumbass people try and sue big companies. Also, the left wing liberal news media leads simpletons like yourself into believing whatever they want.

Remington is a very good company that cares about our sports of shooting and hunting. They would never put safety over a buck.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

"Remington is a very good company that cares about our sports of shooting and hunting. They would never put safety over a buck."

Yea, right, LOL! Name me one other gun company that's produced a product that's been involved in the death of 20+ people and has paid millions in settlements to relatives because of their defective product, when they could have remedied the problem with an initial investment of a few cents per gun when Walker tried to convince them the trigger had inherent problems in it's design! I won't hold my breath because there are none that have any kind of problem that has led to anything like we're talking about. Throw out all the Lib BS, media hype, and just look at the facts that are irrefutable! Every time I see a thread on the internet regarding this subject it's amazing to read how many guys have had the same problem and that have never touched the trigger or ever done any modifications to their rifles. Some have had the rifle fire when it was almost brand new, so improper cleaning isn't always the issue either. Yet there are always a bunch just like this on thread that then come on and say it's all BS.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 04-13-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
"Remington is a very good company that cares about our sports of shooting and hunting. They would never put safety over a buck."

Yea, right, LOL! Name me one other gun company that's produced a product that's been involved in the death of 20+ people and has paid millions in settlements to relatives because of their defective product, when they could have remedied the problem with an initial investment of a few cents per gun when Walker tried to convince them the trigger had inherent problems in it's design!
Name another gun company that has sold as many rifles as Remington. You can't because Remington has sold more than any of them. Probably more than all the others put together.

They paid the stupid law suits the same reason every other big company pays for frivolous laws suits. It's cheaper.

If you think Remington was trying to save a few cents per gun, you are dumber than I thought.

I'm done with this one because you can't fix stupid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.