Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Quality control. >

Quality control.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Quality control.

Old 08-21-2003, 12:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Quality control.

Today I was sighting in a new Remington 700 ADL for a friend . He said he was having trouble getting it to stay on target . Have you ever tried to shoot a gun that had nine lbs of trigger pull . I never had until today . I thought the safety was on .
Old 08-21-2003, 07:52 AM

Default RE: Quality control.

That' s to make sure you don' t shoot yourself or your friend then sue Remington screaming " That hair trigger went off! It doesn' t matter where I had a loaded rifle pointing or the fact my finger was on the trigger!"

If it actually measured out to 9 pounds on a trigger scale, I' d say someone defiantely let that one slip through quality control.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:00 AM

I had a strangly similar problem one time. A friend had a new Remington that he got in 300 win mag. He said the trigger was very hard to pull and, that the gun had a small delay when the trigger fell until the shot went off.

I took it to the range, and even after him telling me about it, I set up, looked thru the scope and tried squeezing the trigger. I squeezed that thing hard and when it finally clicked, I pulled my head up off the gun, THEN it went off. I wasn' t happy. I tore the gun apart and found that Remington had packed it with alot of gunky grease and this goober didn' t clean it all out. I cleaned it all out, including the firing pin hole in the front of the bolt, and it worked fine. Trigger was about 5 lbs after that.
Old 08-21-2003, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

my mausers probally around there....and it has 1/4 mile of creep.....i do hate it...but being 16 i have better places to put my money....afer i buy a truck that is my next thing to buy though.....i can still hold a good group with it....but i know they would shrink if i got a good trigger in it.....now the hair trigger on my t/c hawken.....thats something to complain about.....you even touch that thing and its going to fire!! thats how i like a trigger though....when im on target i want the gun to go off.....not to have to pull a trigger that is so stiff you have to work at it.....
Old 08-21-2003, 11:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

diyj98 it was just over nine lbs on a Lyman digital gauge . They had also tightened the action down to much but that was easy to fix . Just doesn' t say much for thier quality control,or lack of .
Old 08-22-2003, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Remington is not alone there...I once had a savage 110 that had an 11 pound trigger.
Old 08-24-2003, 12:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

THANK YOUR LOCAL LAWYER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2003, 06:32 PM

Maybe your friend needs to dryfire before he buys next time?