Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Amish girl accidentally shot and killed by muzzleloader in Ohio!!!!! >

Amish girl accidentally shot and killed by muzzleloader in Ohio!!!!!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Amish girl accidentally shot and killed by muzzleloader in Ohio!!!!!

Old 01-17-2012, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jeepkid
But would it have enough energy when its coming back down to go thru a skull? I believe Mythbusters tested it and said no.

Yes and No I suppose. Situational. Would it penetrate a skull every time? I'd say no way. But all it takes is one time. And unfortunately it happened here.
-Jake
Old 01-17-2012, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

At over 5000 ft.. Yeah it would be enough to go through the skull. A A penny dopped from the top of the Empire State Building would crack a persons skull.. Maybe not kill him.. But it would deffinately do some serious damage..Don't forget, most hunting bullets are meant to expand..
If it hit nose first it would be enough to mushroom as it penetrated..

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 01-17-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whether it hit her or not, seems someone involved here violated a very key principle of firearms safety - he had absolutely no idea where that projectile would end up. In doing so, he opened the door for himself to be accused if he didn't, in fact, kill this girl. No accident - pure NEGLIGENCE.

Got backstop?
Old 01-18-2012, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by homers brother
Whether it hit her or not, seems someone involved here violated a very key principle of firearms safety - he had absolutely no idea where that projectile would end up. In doing so, he opened the door for himself to be accused if he didn't, in fact, kill this girl. No accident - pure NEGLIGENCE.

Got backstop?
No it wasn't an accident..
It was negligence.. And hopefully he's in front of a Judge.
Spending a long time in Jail.. And hopefully he loses firearm rights and hunting privileges for the rest of his life..