Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 What kind of gun safe do you own? >

What kind of gun safe do you own?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What kind of gun safe do you own?

Old 08-20-2003, 01:32 PM

Default What kind of gun safe do you own?

I just got a sentry gun safe for my birthday. It holds 14 guns, has an electronic key pad. Does anybody else own a Sentry. It is all I will ever need, but does seem to be a little small. It was the best Birthday gift my wife could of got me. Now my guns will be secure and safe.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What kind of gun safe do you own?

Happy Birthday and congrats on your safe. Hopefully it will never have to prove it' s worth.Having a vault or safe does give you peace of mind.Make sure you bolt it down.No matter how much it weighs I suggest bolting it down.You would feel terrible coming home and your safe was carried out.I have a old Pro Steel, it weighs several hundred pounds. Even with that I have it anchored down.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 08-20-2003, 05:09 PM

I' ve got an 11 gun Cannon . . . love it, it used to be my brothers but he upgraded to a larger Cannon.

It' s all the safe you' ll ever need?? Why MUST you be so negative . . think positive . . there could be a 15 gun day in your future . . . I sure hope there' s one in mine.
Old 08-20-2003, 05:32 PM

i have a john deere-or liberty- 21 gun safe that is fireproof. it weighs 550 lbs.i can now relax when i go somewhere and not have to worry about guns or valuables
Old 08-22-2003, 02:46 PM

congratulations,,i' ve got the same one-keypad that' l open the top,, thats where my favorite home protection pistol lives,,leave a nite lite on near it so ya can se the key pad if need be!
Old 08-22-2003, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

Ive got a 14 gun Sentry. I think its a good safe, plenty heavy and i got a bolt in the back and a couple in the floor. I had a Homak (there Junk) and two years ago at my old house, somebody broke in and drug it across the street and took a crow bar to it and opended it up. Luckily my guns were under a piece of plywood waiting to be picked up later, they did get my 22 buckmark pistol. The sentry seems to have good strong steel locking bars.
Old 08-22-2003, 05:44 PM
bigcountry

I got a browning, but wish number one I got the real big one and two that it was a champion or liberty.

Old 08-23-2003, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Sentry 10 gun safe. I’m impressed with the quality. I was going to get the 14 gun safe but decided at the last minute to get the 10 gun instead. At the time I thought it was big enough but I’m not so sure now. I made a heavy steel base with a skirt made of 3/4” x 3” solid steel and it’s bolted to the floor so it’s not going anywhere. I also made the same style of base for my Homak and converted the Homak to store my valuables and shells. Peace of mind when I’m out.