Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Stainless/Synthetic rifle opinions >

Stainless/Synthetic rifle opinions

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Stainless/Synthetic rifle opinions

Old 08-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Anthony T.
I agree. The Sako A7 is a very nice rifle. I believe Tikka owns Sako? Sako rifles have always been one of my faves.

I also like what Savage has been doing lately. They are building really nice rifles these days. They rival Remington anymore in my opinion.

My favorite riflemaker these days is Kimber though. Made here in the good ole US of A. I have been wanting a Select Grade in .270 for awhile now. Hope to scratch that itch this fall.

They are a little pricey but I see you have a pretty expensive scope there. Why not slap it on a really nice Kimber? All of the Kimbers I've shot have been real shooters. I've shot a .243, 30-06, and 270 and they all shot inside a minute if I did my part. The triggers are very crisp and can be easily adjusted.
Actually Sako owns Tikka and Sako is owned by the Beretta Group. FWIW, the Beretta Group also owns: Benelli, Stoeger, Franchi, Burris, Steiner, and Uberti. I may have missed one or two there!

After handling several different rifles I ultimately decided on the Winchester 70 EW. The T3 was probably the best buy at $579 but I just could not get past the polymer trigger guard and the stock.

For me the M70 EW felt better and had better balance than the Kimber or Tikka.