Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
.270 or .308 >

.270 or .308

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

.270 or .308

Old 08-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anytime i pull the trigger or release an arrow i'm 100% sure it's gonna be a kill shot.It's unethical to shoot at an animal thinking any other way.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

Maybe some people forgot you were talking about a small woman with a bad shoulder? A 243 or 257 roberts either will be plenty for her. If you have to tell yourself that a 243 is too small then get the 257.

I laugh everytime I hear people say a 243 is too small for deer. It always worked for me. SO does a 30-30, but they will give you a good kick too.

The way I see it, and this is just my opinion, but if you want her to really get into hunting, don't buy her a rifle that she'll be afraid to shoot. It's easy for beginners to develope flinches.

I would defintely get her used to shooting with a 22lr or mag before you give her the highpowered rifle. We owe it to the animals to be ready and prepared to make that shot when we need to. Don't take her to the woods if she's not ready.