Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

good by Remington

Old 02-24-2011, 02:58 PM
  #101  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
zrexpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,695
Default

Originally Posted by bigcountryextreme
Zrex, I am curious, why do you care so much if others like remington rifles? It appears, your rather obsessed with other's likes and dislikes. Just an observation from an outsider looking in.

I just like rustling the feathers of rem fans, they get sooooo defensive.
zrexpilot is offline  
Old 02-24-2011, 06:08 PM
  #102  
Nontypical Buck
 
Colorado Luckydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Huntin' In Colorado
Posts: 2,910
Default

Originally Posted by zrexpilot
I just like rustling the feathers of rem fans, they get sooooo defensive.
I have yet to see anyone in this thread that likes Remingtons get their "feathers rustle" as you say. However, even if they did, I would rather have my feathers rustled than have my panties twisted up the way yours are. LMFAO

I'm not a doctor but I slept in a Holiday Inn last night and I recommend you untwist your panties, take two Midol and then call me in the morning!! LMFAO!!!!
Colorado Luckydog is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 06:30 AM
  #103  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,329
Default

Anyone would get their feathers ruffled when they are told that their possessions are of lesser value than thought.

Folks will even on occasion refuse to believe verifiable data when presented and even go as far as to assume since they have no issues there must be no issues.

Tom
statjunk is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 04:10 PM
  #104  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
zrexpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,695
Default

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
If you don't like remington 700's fine, don't be spreadin half truths
rem uses a silver soldered on bolt handle, and the rear of the bolt has a bolt shroud in a sense 3 pieces but all bolt actions are and the rem is ported, ever notice the vent hole in the off side of the reciever?
Remington recievers are made from bar stock, yep the same 4140 steel that most rifle makers use it just comes in a round form, and they use a CNC machine to machine the recievers out, just like howa, only howa has less waste using a square "Bar Stock"
nothing wrong with the extractor except that on overloads a blown primer will damage the extractor.
Remington barrels are turned and button rifled, howa's are "hammer forged" ya know what that means? they take square stock and run it through a hammer mill, which beats it round, then its drilled and button rifled, just like remingtons.
I take my chances, buy remingtons just so I have an american made product where my money stays in america, and a lil bit of it goes into folk's pocket who are just like me, trying to make ends meet in a bad economy. If it doesn't suit me, I know a few american smiths who will make it a dream to shoot, maybe there is a better way but I prefer to feed my money to the money making machine that we know as the USA so keep your howa's and your tikka's, glad your happy with them.
RR
Not so, hammer forging is the process of forging the rifling into the barrel, a mandrel is placed inside the barrel and the barrel is hammered and contoured at the same time leaving the rifling imprinted or forged in the steel. No tooling marks.
zrexpilot is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 05:40 PM
  #105  
Nontypical Buck
 
fritz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,081
Default

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
If you don't like remington 700's fine, don't be spreadin half truths
rem uses a silver soldered on bolt handle, and the rear of the bolt has a bolt shroud in a sense 3 pieces but all bolt actions are and the rem is ported, ever notice the vent hole in the off side of the reciever?
Remington recievers are made from bar stock, yep the same 4140 steel that most rifle makers use it just comes in a round form, and they use a CNC machine to machine the recievers out, just like howa, only howa has less waste using a square "Bar Stock"
nothing wrong with the extractor except that on overloads a blown primer will damage the extractor.
Remington barrels are turned and button rifled, howa's are "hammer forged" ya know what that means? they take square stock and run it through a hammer mill, which beats it round, then its drilled and button rifled, just like remingtons.
I take my chances, buy remingtons just so I have an american made product where my money stays in america, and a lil bit of it goes into folk's pocket who are just like me, trying to make ends meet in a bad economy. If it doesn't suit me, I know a few american smiths who will make it a dream to shoot, maybe there is a better way but I prefer to feed my money to the money making machine that we know as the USA so keep your howa's and your tikka's, glad your happy with them.
RR
Nicely Put!!!!!! Ridge Runner!
fritz1 is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 06:24 PM
  #106  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
zrexpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,695
Default

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
ok, will give ya that one, care to argue the rest of my points?
RR
not much to argue other than the fact that everyone claims the rem bolt is crap and needs to be upgraded including the extraction and reciever squared and trued, once thats done its comparible to a stock vanguard reciever and bolt.

Not what i say just what I read. Im no gunsmith, just learning things.
zrexpilot is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 06:38 PM
  #107  
Nontypical Buck
 
fritz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,081
Default

Have you seen the gun poll? It doesnt look, its good by to Remington, looks to me like the Remington is the overall perfered rifle! Here you might want to lokk at it again.

Remington 940 32.71%
Winchester 297 10.33%
Weatherby 134 4.66%
Savage 255 8.87%
Browning 351 12.21%
Ithaca 26 0.90%
Beretta 38 1.32%
Benelli 82 2.85%
Federal 4 0.14%
Ruger 270 9.39%
Sako 134 4.66%
Other 270 9.39%
Thompson Center 73 2.54%

Your beloved Weatherby happens to be one of the worst rated rifles by hunters on this forum. Remingtons are by far the most highly rated rifle here. There is wisdom in numbers. Seems to me you are a minority with your thoughts, zrexpilot
fritz1 is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 06:57 PM
  #108  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,519
Default

Originally Posted by fritz1
Have you seen the gun poll? It doesnt look, its good by to Remington, looks to me like the Remington is the overall perfered rifle! Here you might want to lokk at it again.

Remington 940 32.71%
Winchester 297 10.33%
Weatherby 134 4.66%
Savage 255 8.87%
Browning 351 12.21%
Ithaca 26 0.90%
Beretta 38 1.32%
Benelli 82 2.85%
Federal 4 0.14%
Ruger 270 9.39%
Sako 134 4.66%
Other 270 9.39%
Thompson Center 73 2.54%

Your beloved Weatherby happens to be one of the worst rated rifles by hunters on this forum. Remingtons are by far the most highly rated rifle here. There is wisdom in numbers. Seems to me you are a minority with your thoughts, zrexpilot
People actually take stuff said on this site seriously when it comes to guns and scopes? That makes me laugh.
hometheaterman is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 07:14 PM
  #109  
Nontypical Buck
 
fritz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,081
Default

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
People actually take stuff said on this site seriously when it comes to guns and scopes? That makes me laugh.
Hometheaterman, you might want to check this pole, for some reason your beloved Vortex's didnt even make the poll. The clear winner here is Leuopld by a vast majority! It looks to me the perferd hunting set up by a large majority of the hunters happens to be a Remington topped off with a Leupold! No big surprise! Like I said earlier, wisdom comes in large polls of people, not from a couple of opinionated people that just cause they own something automatically think its the best. Here are the results, read them and weap, no Vortexs are even concidered.


Bushnell 214 14.44%
Leupold 600 40.49%
Simmons 86 5.80%
Tasco 46 3.10%
Zeiss 122 8.23%
Swaroski 76 5.13%
Redfield 34 2.29%
Weaver 26 1.75%
other 278 18.76%
fritz1 is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 07:46 PM
  #110  
Giant Nontypical
 
Sheridan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location:
Posts: 5,130
Default

How can any "poll" not have Marlin on the list of rifles and Nikon & Burris not on the list of scopes ?!?!
Sheridan is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.