Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
what is needed to get a full auto gun >

what is needed to get a full auto gun

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

what is needed to get a full auto gun

Old 10-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical
Thread Starter
bigtim6656's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,867
Default what is needed to get a full auto gun

What does one need to do to buy a full auto gun(select fire Ar mainly) I know you fill out some paper work and give the ATF a good chunk of change, but what else? DETAIL DETAILS
bigtim6656 is offline  
Old 10-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Boone & Crockett
bigbulls's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 10,679

About $12,000+ for the gun, $200 for the tax stamp, and fill out the appropriate paper work.
bigbulls is offline  
Old 10-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn
streetglideok's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 360

Check this out

streetglideok is offline  
Old 10-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ne oklahoma
Posts: 124

I believe you also have to get the local approval of a law enforcement member, perhaps Sheriff or Police Chief??
As I understand it. Since the amnesty by the Government some years ago, all the old unlicensed fully auto military firearms turned in were issued papers, declaring them legal after the proper licensing,. Every used full auto firearm MUST have papers or is automatically illegal and my understanding is there is no way for it ever to be made legal by the Gov. This of course has caused the prices to increase greatly. Of course, you can probably buy a new one, licensing and such. Limited supply always forces prices up.
But, this has not stopped collectors from buying, only becomming more selective. I understand a papered GOV WW II Bar was presently on sale for $36,000, in very good condition. WOW. Can see how I screwed up again by not collecting the full auto military after the war. For those who did, now have a very tidy retirement sum.. But only being 8 years old.

Last edited by Teddee5; 10-04-2010 at 01:19 PM. Reason: additional info.
Teddee5 is offline  
Old 10-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck
Maine Shooter's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,327

Find the gun you want. You'll need to have the transaction done through a properly licensed dealer too. he'll be able to guide you but it's pretty simple. You'll need information about the firearm on your forms and an approval from the chief law enforcement officer in your area. That along with finger prints and the $200 are sent with the completed forms to the ATF. Upon the return of the tax stamp, you pay the dealer and it's yours.
Remember, to think ahead. Once you sign and accept the gun, you have that money tied up and not easily liquidated back into $ unless you take a large loss. Feeding one isn't cheap so plan for the expense of ammo as well. Also, make sure you have a place to shoot it. Many ranges don't allow them so unless you plan to buy it and not use it, make sure you have a spot to shoot it.
Maine Shooter is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.