HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what is needed to get a full auto gun
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Teddee5
Fork Horn

I believe you also have to get the local approval of a law enforcement member, perhaps Sheriff or Police Chief??
As I understand it. Since the amnesty by the Government some years ago, all the old unlicensed fully auto military firearms turned in were issued papers, declaring them legal after the proper licensing,. Every used full auto firearm MUST have papers or is automatically illegal and my understanding is there is no way for it ever to be made legal by the Gov. This of course has caused the prices to increase greatly. Of course, you can probably buy a new one, licensing and such. Limited supply always forces prices up.
But, this has not stopped collectors from buying, only becomming more selective. I understand a papered GOV WW II Bar was presently on sale for $36,000, in very good condition. WOW. Can see how I screwed up again by not collecting the full auto military after the war. For those who did, now have a very tidy retirement sum.. But only being 8 years old.

Last edited by Teddee5; 10-04-2010 at 01:19 PM. Reason: additional info.