Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Trigger Trouble >

Trigger Trouble

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Trigger Trouble

Old 07-11-2003, 09:42 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Trigger Trouble

Yea, I think they tell you that you will have to adjust for the safety. Not really a huge deal. Unless your working with Power Custom Stuff that is titanium. Man, I had to use a diamond stone to grind it down only 2 mil.

Old 07-11-2003, 05:04 PM

A very good point was made here. I do not care if I only change the springs in a trigger I give the customer back what ever parts I have changed. I tell them that if they ever want to send the gun into the factory stop by and I will replace the after market parts with the origional parts. When you send the rifle in it will come back " Stock" and you may not get back your after market parts so be warned. After all you do not want to loose a $70 dollar trigger!!!
Old 07-11-2003, 05:13 PM
bigcountry

I fell in this trap with remington. I had the trigger adjusted to nice 2lbs. The trigger wasn' t the problem. They not only didn' t send the original trigger to me but tryed to charge me 35 dollars for a new sledge hammer pull trigger. I complained until they sent me there trigger no cost. Still didn' t get my own trigger back. I was livid to say the least. And the gun still had the original problems.

So Judson is right on the mark. If sending the gun back to factory, send either with no trigger or original.

Old 07-12-2003, 08:19 AM

I like the Timney triggers but you guys might want to check out the Kiplinger Single set trigger. They are available for Rem 700, Ruger 77 and the #1, Mod 70, and the good old 98 Mauser. The unset pull is around 3 pounds and after you push the trigger forward to set it its set pull is 6oz. On some rifles if you want to un set the trigger you just put the safety on or lift the bolt and it unsets. On all rifles you can unset the trigger manually or just open the action. Real nice set up check them out.
Old 07-13-2003, 11:39 PM

Hey bigcountry i sent a model seven back to remington and sent a letter with it. i told them i had adjusted the trigger and please to not readjust it. they didnt .
I had been told they would readjust it so i just sent a letter and they did as i asked.
the only thing that was wrong was that the sn#' s between the bolt and reciever didnt match![]
and yep i shot the gun several times before i noticed!
they fixed the problem by making them match![]
Old 05-25-2004, 04:48 AM
Fork Horn

Bought a Ruger M77 Mark II ultralight, the trigger was ridiculous.
8 pound pull. Safe I guess, but threw lead everywhere.
Sent to my gunsmith, has come back smooth as silk at 3 pounds, but I'm $100.00 out of pocket.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:50 AM
Fork Horn

Also had all therough edges honed off the action. Out of the box you'd cut your hands on those edges.