Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
An Agitating Range Visit >

An Agitating Range Visit

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

An Agitating Range Visit

Old 08-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default An Agitating Range Visit

Since it was Saturday, and my day off, I decided to go to one of the local indoor ranges, it is a very nice facility, and the owner seemed like a decent enough fella. When I arrived at the range, and inquire about using it, the owner asked me what I had brought, I told him that I had brought a Yugo AK-47 which I had recently acquired, he looked at me like I had just slapped his mom, "nope, we do not allow those type of rifles here" he said, I asked him about the reasoning behind barring guns like that, and he countered "because I don't like them, don't know why people want them, and I do not care to associate with them, good day". I was more than a little ticked off, but I kept my cool, bid the range owner farewell, and left, I will think twice about giving him business in the future.

Now, is this the kind of attitude that we as gun owners need to have towards one another? have any of you ever encountered similar issues?
Old 08-28-2010, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CommonSense
Since it was Saturday, and my day off, I decided to go to one of the local indoor ranges, it is a very nice facility, and the owner seemed like a decent enough fella. When I arrived at the range, and inquire about using it, the owner asked me what I had brought, I told him that I had brought a Yugo AK-47 which I had recently acquired, he looked at me like I had just slapped his mom, "nope, we do not allow those type of rifles here" he said, I asked him about the reasoning behind barring guns like that, and he countered "because I don't like them, don't know why people want them, and I do not care to associate with them, good day". I was more than a little ticked off, but I kept my cool, bid the range owner farewell, and left, I will think twice about giving him business in the future.

Now, is this the kind of attitude that we as gun owners need to have towards one another? have any of you ever encountered similar issues?
don't go back then
Old 08-28-2010, 09:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

did you show up with a big beard and muslim robe etc...?

surprising someone would turn down business.

So hard to find a decent place to shoot these days.

I'd be telling everyone where NOT to go shoot...feel free to elaborate....on where NOT to shoot...

I think most ranges have a shot time/pause between shots, so unless he wanted to avoid kinda punk style kids from shooting 30rounds minute etc...with ak47's....I really don't see the problem with letting a man take a few shots...
Old 08-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

He (and people like him) is far more of a threat to gun owners than the political pukes in Washington.

I would make it a point to make sure that every gun owner that you know (and those that you don know) knows about his anti gun policy. Hopefully he will loose business because of it. Local hunting and shooting forums, Craigs list ads, etc... Mention his anti gun stance and his shops name to every gun owner that you talk to.

Remember all of the bad publicity and financial losses that Jim Zumbo suffered because of his anti gun ignorance.

Last edited by bigbulls; 08-28-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

The range owner has every right to determine who and what uses his range. I personally can't stand to share a range with guys that show up with AKs and a bucket of cheap ammo to see how fast they can shoot. Allowing some of these guys to dominate the range can cause other shooters to leave the range. Everyone has the right to ownn and shoot whatever they want, I support thier rights, but the range owner has rights also. There is a time and place for everything.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm thinking it' simply a blanket rule that keeps the spray and pray shooters that just rattle off 20, 30 50 rounds as fast as they can.
Never fond of the private, indoor facilities. For that reason, I'm glad there's a few good member's only clubs around. Maybe look into one in your area.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

The range owner can simply set up a rule where there is no rapid fire at his range (that's how our public ranges work around here) rather than banning certain types of firearms and being an anti gun gun shop owner.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

The range I am a member at just instituted a new rule of no "evil black guns". An anti-gun gun range.....great.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:41 AM
Typical Buck

Well stated bigbulls,

No one wants to concentrate on groups with an AK rattling off in the back of your head. He could of just said be respectful of the others on the range. If you were the only one on the range besides him then who cares if he's not shooting. But then again if you were shooting with all that distraction it could make you concentrate more. I like competitions because of that mere fact. But one thing is for sure keep turning people away from shooting ranges you'll lose business and a safe place to shoot.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Banned

His range, his rules. Not all gun owners are created equally.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.