Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
An Agitating Range Visit >

An Agitating Range Visit

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

An Agitating Range Visit

Old 09-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

As a long time gun right advocate and life time shooter/NRA member I can understand your disatifaction with his rules. But on the other hand if you've ever been to a range where the dude next to you cracks off any semi auto rifle with no concern for those around him it can be very unnerving. The first empty case that lands down the back of your shirt will wake you right up.

I'd think just applying some basic rules about rapid fire and a brass catcher would make everyone happy. Not my range.....his range...his rules.

His reasoning that he "doesn't like them" goes against the foundation of gun rights.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Banned

Does he have to like them? Foundation of gun rights is rooted in ownership, not tolerance.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

His range his rules.
Your money, your right to spend it at a range that isn't anti gun.

Like i said. Get as many people you know to make it a point to tell him that they will be spending their money else where because of his anti gun policy and make sure they let him know why they won't be spending money with him.

I would be posting ads in Craigs list, talking about his shop on forums, Facebook postings, Myspace postings, calling my buddies urging them not to patron his range, talking about his range at other gun shops, etc... etc...
Old 09-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

Around here we have a local range that will allow you to shoot anything not full auto, as long as it is not a 50 BMG cal. Understandably so, as I dont think his range would handle anything that large safely. Now he will allow AR platform rifles and AK rifles, etc, however it is his range, his insurance, and he manages it accordingly. 3 second rule is strictly enforced between shots. First time somebody rattles off a few rounds, he will get busted down. Doesnt make it very fun for shooting those kind of guns at times, but its needed for safety's sake.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

Seems that about half of you are missing the point. He has a gun range for god's sake, he isn't anti-gun, sounds like he is anti AK 47s. Some of you have already pointed out that it is no fun at all when you are concentrating on sighting in something at the range and the military style gun guys show up with three semi autos and 600 rounds. I have had to cut my range time short due to empty cases flying around me. Most of the black gun guys I've watched were not hunters at all, they liked the power and the noise. You are very likely not this type of shooter, but unfortunately, it seems a fair amount of the black gun shooters have alienated many of the serious shooters and real hunters with their lack of consideration and this might be what the range owner has had enough of-----I think also that this type of gun has been seen in the hands of the drug traffikers and terrorists often enough to have generated some bad press--
Old 09-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Banned

It's so funny to hear guys crying about their "rights" while plotting to protest another because he exercised his own. Yep, shooting ranges on every corner these days. Gun shops as well. I'm surprised an AK-47 friendly range hasn't opened up across the street from his. I'd sue him because your right to shoot was infringed upon. Maybe he is a bolt action supremacist....
Old 09-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

It's so funny to hear guys crying about their "rights" while plotting to protest another because he exercised his own.
That sentence totally contradicts itself. It's his right to ban guns in his range and it's the right of others to not spend money there. What's so hard to understand about that?

ome of you have already pointed out that it is no fun at all when you are concentrating on sighting in something at the range and the military style gun guys show up with three semi autos and 600 rounds.
Did you miss the part about implementing rules of no rapid fire? Did you read the post directly above yours?

Most of the black gun guys I've watched were not hunters at all, they liked the power and the noise.
And the problem is??????

it seems a fair amount of the black gun shooters have alienated many of the serious shooters and real hunters with their lack of consideration
So if you shoot a "black gun" you aren't a serious shooter or real hunter???? Really????? That's interesting.

I've seen and shot around enough shooters of Browning BAR's, Remington 7400's, semi auto shotguns, etc... to know that inconsideration isn't exclusive to the "black gun" shooters.

I think also that this type of gun has been seen in the hands of the drug traffikers and terrorists often enough to have generated some bad press--
Maybe he should keep out Glock shooters as well.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here is the indoor range that I visit frequently. The only thing I cant shoot is anything blackpowder. I think the second hand smoke would be a problem. If you look at the website, you can rent a machine gun if you want. I have never seen anybody do it, but I would bet the session would be pretty short.

As long as I have most of the chores around the house done, and the wife gets equal shopping time, I can spend some good quality time there working on my reloads.

This is a great place.

http://www.lonestargunrange.net/index.html

C. Davis
Old 09-02-2010, 04:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jhilde
it seems a fair amount of the black gun shooters have alienated many of the serious shooters and real hunters with their lack of consideration
Oh, so you think it's confined to "black gun shooters"? Pick up any hunting rag, look through posts here - most hunters are far more obsessed with their gear than they are the actual hunt. Does that mean they're not serious? And exactly what would you describe a "serious shooter" as? Anyone who DOESN'T have a "black gun"? Drug traffickers? The stereotypes just keep a'comin, don't they? Pages right out of the HCI playbook....

I don't like the idea of hunting from ATVs, but I'm not going to grind my axe over someone who does. I don't find that I need any more than a .243 to take deer or pronghorns, but I'm not going to tag people who seem to think they need a WSM as "less serious" than I am. Nor am I going to make fun of the guy next to me who can't hit the gong at 600 meters with his bolt gun that I'm hitting with my AR.

Think more...Judge less.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:44 AM
Banned

Dear Latino Hater-

"That sentence totally contradicts itself. It's his right to ban guns in his range and it's the right of others to not spend money there. What's so hard to understand about that?"

Exactly, Mr. AK-47 guy and Jackazzez like you believe that you have the right to do what you please on someone else's property. When you're told "no" you go and cry to momma want to start protesting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.