Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
An Agitating Range Visit >

An Agitating Range Visit

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

An Agitating Range Visit

Old 09-02-2010, 05:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Exactly, Mr. AK-47 guy and Jackazzez like you believe that you have the right to do what you please on someone else's property. When you're told "no" you go and cry to momma want to start protesting.
I know that elementary level comprehension is not your strong suit so you resort to kindergarten level name calling but it's real simple.

It is his property. He can ban certain types of firearms if he wants. Much like the assault weapons ban of the Clinton era.

It's our money. We can choose to spend it somewhere else and urge our fellow shooters and hunters to spend it somewhere else through the various outlets available to us.

I'm not sure who here is Latino, black, white, Jewish, etc. Maybe you have a crystal ball???? If you are the Latino your are referring to then guilty as charged.

Last edited by bigbulls; 09-02-2010 at 08:09 AM.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Risasi
Dear Latino Hater-
Exactly, Mr. AK-47 guy and Jackazzez like you believe that you have the right to do what you please on someone else's property. protesting.
I'm about to drown in the irony here. I'm just guessing you are referring to BB's avatar showing which part of North America is who's. I'm not sure how you equate that to all Latino's, but if the Latino, or whoever it is is not an American citizen, then they don't own a damn thing north of the Rio Grande, or south of Canada.

C. Davis

Last edited by C. Davis; 09-02-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bigbulls

It's our money. We can choose to spend it somewhere else and urge our fellow shooters and hunters to spend it somewhere else through the various outlets available to us.
You mean like your little gun shop?

Originally Posted by C. Davis
I'm about to drown in the irony here. I'm just guessing you are referring to BB's avatar showing which part of North America is who's. I'm not sure how you equate that to all Latino's, but if the Latino, or whoever it is is not an American citizen, then they don't own a damn thing north of the Rio Grand, or south of Canada.

C. Davis
This coming from a Texan.......must be a transplant.

Last edited by LBR; 09-02-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

This coming from a Texan.......must be a transplant.
Not sure what that has to do with anything, but you are coming across like you are an illegal. If not, why are you promoting it?

C. Davis
Old 09-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Banned

Here is something to complain about, amigo...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...ique-m-rifles/

would be interesting to see what would have happened if the lad had shown up with one of these...... muy interesing...por que, no amor aqui? viva tejas...

Last edited by LBR; 09-02-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

Whew!! I can see that the wording of a comment must be very carefully thought through before posting. I will absolutely agree that the black guns are no where near what they used to be--I'm starting to see many articles about accuracy and dependability of the AR and similar platforms and I'll also add the aftermarket accessory list is endless. The green or red laser night sight on top of the specialty scope that's mounted on top of the normal telescopic sight thats mounted directly above the combination flash suppressor/ muzzle brake and that's directly above the bottom accessory rail that mounts the bi-pod, sling swivel, bayonet and grenade launcher. Ok, ok, I'm sorry, just having some fun---I've actually met several military gun nuts out at the range who were great guys, invited me to shoot their weapons and we all had a good afternoon--I just happen to like the older classic look and you like the military look, we are both avid gun nuts and that's what counts, right? Now let's shake hands, ok?
Old 09-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

I just happen to like the older classic look and you like the military look, we are both avid gun nuts and that's what counts, right? Now let's shake hands, ok?
Exactly. There is no reason in the world why any gun owners should be discriminating against other gun owners simply because of the firearm they choose to shoot on a given day.

If people are coming to a range blasting rounds as fast as they can, slinging hot cases all over the range, and just being disruptive that's one thing. But for a range owner/operator to arbitrarily ban people from using certain guns for no just reason.... well he may as well be working for the other side. Ban the disruptive people not the guns.

BTW, I much prefer the classic lines of classic rifles with high grade walnut stocks and high polished blueing myself but I also have a black gun or two that I love to shoot and hunt with. They are all firearms.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

BigBulls, thank you, very well said---john
Old 09-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

A lot of indoor ranges were designed to handle mostly handguns or rimfire rifles. I wonder if the range that the op visited would allow a person to shoot a 30-30 deer rifle? Instead of the shop owner insulting the op's choice of weapon, he could have just told him that his backstop wasn't designed to handle fmj military rifle ammo. There's a range about a half hour from my house where they only let you shoot ammo that you buy from his store, we don't go there any more. Another place that's just ten minutes away lets me shoot my reloads, they only are designed as a pistol range but I download plinking rounds for my 30-30 and they let me do it as long as I'm getting pistol velocities from the rifle. They said that the backstop can handle it, but the noise level from full power rifle loads that are fired indoors is quite loud.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is something to complain about, amigo...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...ique-m-rifles/

would be interesting to see what would have happened if the lad had shown up with one of these...... muy interesing...por que, no amor aqui? viva tejas...
Risasi, if ignorance is bliss...you and Vapodog must be the happiest SOB's on the face of the earth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.