Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
my new AR15 upper & lower dont fit!(resolved w/pic +ed) >

my new AR15 upper & lower dont fit!(resolved w/pic +ed)

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

my new AR15 upper & lower dont fit!(resolved w/pic +ed)

Old 04-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would like to get one of those quad rail systems to mount a quality predator light at some point. Better trigger and scope, is 1st on the list though.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by statjunk

RR,

Are you comparing apples to apples. Are you comparing varmint cartridges to varmint cartridges? I have seen a handful of very accurate AR's but I would suspect that a bolt rifle could easily smoke even the best AR.

Tom
Good luck with that comment. You obviously haven't shot many target AR 10's or 15's with that statement.

And yes I have plenty of bolt guns that shoot great but rarely with all kinda of ammo shoved in them. My AR's however shoot sub MOA with anything you shove in them. I don't even have the target barrels.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Duckbutter48
Good luck with that comment. You obviously haven't shot many target AR 10's or 15's with that statement.

And yes I have plenty of bolt guns that shoot great but rarely with all kinda of ammo shoved in them. My AR's however shoot sub MOA with anything you shove in them. I don't even have the target barrels.
Nothing that you've said shows or indicates that a bolt gun wouldn't smoke an AR. There are bolts out there that will shoot no matter what you throw at them. AR's aren't the only firearms that do that.

I've owned three AR's. One was very accurate.

Tom
Old 04-23-2010, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

shot my new AR for the 1st time this morning. Broke in the barrel , fouled it w/ a couple shots, and sighted it in at 100, in about 5 shots. made some fine adjustments, and I got a couple 1.5" groups w/ my handload of a 55gr sp, 25grs imr4895 and winchester nickle plated brass. also got a few flyers but it was windy as hell. All in all, for having a standard AR trigger and cheap 4X scope, Im not at all disappointed.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like a nice set-up there!

Just one question - What's with the short mag? Is there a limit there in NY for magazine capacity for hunting, hunting varmints, or just overall B.S. An ar just doesn't look right with such a short mag, lol.

Later,

Marcial

Last edited by charlie brown; 04-25-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think NY is 6 or less to hunt, and only pre ban hi cap mags are legal.