Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

my new AR15 upper & lower dont fit!(resolved w/pic +ed)

Old 04-13-2010, 05:49 PM
  #1  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
DeerandbearhoG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orange county, NY
Posts: 2,949
Default my new AR15 upper & lower dont fit!(resolved w/pic +ed)

This is my 1st AR15, so maybe Im missing somthing. I decided to build it, to save some$$$. I bought a "delaware machinery" stripped lower, from a company called JRS supply, and a DPMS upper assembly. Today I finally got the lower parts in, and I installed the front pin, but the 2 receiver halves, do not go together tight, and the rear pin will not go in these 2 parts clearly do not fit. I was under the impression that all AR15 parts were interchangeable???

Help me

Last edited by DeerandbearhoG; 04-20-2010 at 10:09 AM.
DeerandbearhoG is offline  
Old 04-13-2010, 06:08 PM
  #2  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
DeerandbearhoG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orange county, NY
Posts: 2,949
Default

OK, I just tried putting the rear pin in 1st, then the front pin, and it goes together perfect!...but when I take the rear pin out ,then the two halves do not go back together tight, even with out the buffer or BCG in. Is this normal?
DeerandbearhoG is offline  
Old 04-14-2010, 06:47 PM
  #3  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
DeerandbearhoG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orange county, NY
Posts: 2,949
Default

ThanksRR, actually if I put the rear pin in 1st then the front one, it goes togther so tight I cant even see the seam, but for some reason it just wont go back together, if I take out the rear pin. when I was in the army I cleaned alot of A2s, and I remember the receivers hingeing on the front pin. I just ordered a bunch of 223 brass,bullets and primers. I cant wait to get this thing all together and to the range...that is, if it all actually goes together
DeerandbearhoG is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 04:13 AM
  #4  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,329
Default

I'm not trying to rub this in your face but now consider the $150 difference between a build and a used factory AR that someone has already put a few doo-dads on it.

I'm shocked to see how much money guys will drop on an AR and then just sell them for not much.

I've owned three of them. Had my fun. I'm 100% bolt gun now.

Tom
statjunk is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 10:45 AM
  #5  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
DeerandbearhoG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orange county, NY
Posts: 2,949
Default

Originally Posted by statjunk
I'm not trying to rub this in your face but now consider the $150 difference between a build and a used factory AR that someone has already put a few doo-dads on it.

I'm shocked to see how much money guys will drop on an AR and then just sell them for not much.

I've owned three of them. Had my fun. I'm 100% bolt gun now.

Tom
where are you seeing these used ARs for sale? Ive been up and down the pages of gunbroker and the only used ones Ive seen, are shot out, police A2 trade in's. gander mountain only has a few of the camo R15s on display, for orders, and my local used gun shop, has a stock A2 once in while, for 1000$, and it goes quick. I even had a hard time finding all the parts I needed, in one place.

If the lower parts go together good, and the gun functions, and is as acurate as Im hoping, then Ill be happy w/ my build. Ill probably get a trigger upgrade though.
DeerandbearhoG is offline  
Old 04-16-2010, 04:33 AM
  #6  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,329
Default

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
where are you seeing these used ARs for sale? Ive been up and down the pages of gunbroker and the only used ones Ive seen, are shot out, police A2 trade in's. gander mountain only has a few of the camo R15s on display, for orders, and my local used gun shop, has a stock A2 once in while, for 1000$, and it goes quick. I even had a hard time finding all the parts I needed, in one place.

If the lower parts go together good, and the gun functions, and is as acurate as Im hoping, then Ill be happy w/ my build. Ill probably get a trigger upgrade though.
Again, not saying I told you so, but I could find for you a really nice AR with rails and collapsible stock, maybe a trigger upgrade etc.... for between $900 and $950 around these parts. Sometimes under $900.

Times are tough and people are dumping stuff they probably should never have bought in the first place.

If what you have works for you then I'm happy for you. It should be a real fun gun. Just don't go broke shooting it.



RR,

Are you comparing apples to apples. Are you comparing varmint cartridges to varmint cartridges? I have seen a handful of very accurate AR's but I would suspect that a bolt rifle could easily smoke even the best AR.

Tom
statjunk is offline  
Old 04-20-2010, 09:27 AM
  #7  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
DeerandbearhoG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orange county, NY
Posts: 2,949
Default

Ok finally got this thing all together, its seems to function perfectly and I love how it points and feels.the triggers is heavy and creepy, but not as bad as I thought it was gonna be, and the cheap scope will have to do for now. Ill be getting to the range as soon as I get some loads together. heres some pics.
my new AR15 upper & lower dont fit!(resolved w/pic +ed)-arfnkln-002.jpg

my new AR15 upper & lower dont fit!(resolved w/pic +ed)-arfnkln-005.jpg

my new AR15 upper & lower dont fit!(resolved w/pic +ed)-arfnkln-004.jpg
DeerandbearhoG is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 07:44 AM
  #8  
Nontypical Buck
 
Centaur 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Titusville Florida
Posts: 1,727
Default

Very Nice, have fun with it. Regardless of price there is a lot of satisfaction with building one yourself, my son and I just built a 9mm AR-15 to use as a cheap plinking gun. It shoots my home made cast bullets as accurate as factory loads, and I can make 1000 rounds for under $50. The local indoor range allows us to shoot it where a .556 would be out of the question.
Centaur 1 is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 11:35 AM
  #9  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
DeerandbearhoG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orange county, NY
Posts: 2,949
Default

Originally Posted by Centaur 1
Very Nice, have fun with it. Regardless of price there is a lot of satisfaction with building one yourself, my son and I just built a 9mm AR-15 to use as a cheap plinking gun. It shoots my home made cast bullets as accurate as factory loads, and I can make 1000 rounds for under $50. The local indoor range allows us to shoot it where a .556 would be out of the question.
Thanks, yeah it was really fun and easy to put together , i just follwed one of the many step by step videos online. only problem is, i may go broke buying all the cool stuff there is out there for ARs.
DeerandbearhoG is offline  
Old 04-21-2010, 02:42 PM
  #10  
Nontypical Buck
 
Centaur 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Titusville Florida
Posts: 1,727
Default

Talk about cool stuff, we recently bought a Yankee Hill Machine Diamond series free floating quad rail forearm.

Centaur 1 is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.