Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Exporting Hunting Rifles. >

Exporting Hunting Rifles.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Exporting Hunting Rifles.

Old 06-22-2003, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default Exporting Hunting Rifles.

Why is it that when I try to buy a gun from a dealer in USA, that I get treated like I am Osama Bin Laden.
Have to get a middle man to buy and register in USA before I can get it shipped down here.(I live in New Zealand, South Pacific.)
I am 100% legitimate, have an excellent credit rating, police permits to import, appropriate gun licence and the end use is straight into the field hunting big game.
(If it was skis I was buying I' d probably be offered sponsership deals.)
You may ask why I want to buy in USA?
Because you have the best range of calibers and brands available anywhere in the world, and your prices are as good or better than anywhere else.
We are quite limited in what' s available round here.
I can' t understand the cold shoulder attitude.
It ranges from a flat " No" without explanation, to a string of excuses which really add up to...it' s in the " Too-Hard" basket.
Maybe someone on this board can fill me in.

Regards
TB

NB: Maybe I should offer a swap hunt, you buy the rifle and bring it down here for me, and I' ll give you a weeks guided hunting on two or three species. With a bit of fishing and small game thrown in. And if you get here before August you can have a day on ducks or Canadas. All costs inclusive. Man that would be a good deal for someone.
Old 06-22-2003, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Exporting Hunting Rifles.

Tim, it may well be just be a paperwork hassle...I know for a fact that Remington has an international sales group since a neighbor in my old development works for them and is constantly overseas visiting distributorships. Your deal sounds way better though and NZt and Africa are at least 2 of the places I would like to hunt eventually. The 700 BDL SS in 7 SAUM is 579 at Bass Pro shops...
Old 06-22-2003, 08:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey Tim, When I get out of gunsmithing school and get my FFL I' ll drop you a line. Won' t be for a little over a year though. There might be a lot of paperwork involved and pwople just don' t want to bother with it. But who knows.
Old 06-22-2003, 10:38 PM
Fork Horn

Kind of liked this deal here. Gun & scope.

http://www.ableammo.com/mall/guns_rifle_used_4.asp
Old 06-22-2003, 10:38 PM
Fork Horn

Kind of liked this deal here. Gun & scope.

http://www.ableammo.com/mall/guns_rifle_used_4.asp
Old 06-25-2003, 11:57 AM

Tim, we have the same problem here in Canada with buying guns and related items from the U.S. You may be able to manage it if you' re willing to slog through the red tape bureacracy.

As for why the red tape? It' s related to 9/11 and the war on terrorism. We, the law abiding citizens get caught in the middle. Considering terrorists and criminals are not law abiding, I fail to see how this will stop them from getting guns and other related items.

Al