Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Marlin Shutting Plant in New Haven >

Marlin Shutting Plant in New Haven

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Marlin Shutting Plant in New Haven

Old 03-26-2010, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I feel for the most part that anything they lay their hands on pretty much turns to chit.

I have several examples I could get into but won't. Yes they do produce an accurate bolt action etc.... but in my opinion with low quality.

Lets also face it that Remington is no longer Remington. It's Cerberus. A large monster of a company, pretty much owned by ex-politicians.

Tom

Last edited by statjunk; 03-26-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:10 AM
Typical Buck

From the article linked by the OP, it seems they are relocating production to NC, not stopping production of Marlin guns altogether.

265 people will be losing their jobs. The layoff will begin in May and the plant will be closed by June of 2011. The company tells News Channel 8 that they are moving the work out of state...
The primary concern of any Marlin gun owner (myself included), is will Remington still provide adequate parts and warranty support for Marlin fireams.

Last edited by IAhuntr; 03-26-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I got stationed in Groton back in the mid 90's before getting out of the Navy, the signs all read "Welcome to Connecticut, The tax you to Death State".

As far as the Remington bashing, it's not bashing. Their quality has gone down, their customer service which used to be top notch now sucks and it's all about the bottom line not customer service.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by thndrchiken

As far as the Remington bashing, it's not bashing. Their quality has gone down, their customer service which used to be top notch now sucks and it's all about the bottom line not customer service.
Understood. I guess that my personal experience piqued my curiosity as I've never had ANY problems with the Remingtons that I own and have never had to interact with their customer service group in almost 40 years of owning various Remington products. The only "quality" issue that I've personally seen, if you can call it that, is that their 700 ADL barrels now have that rough finish rather than being polished.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ipscshooter
Understood. I guess that my personal experience piqued my curiosity as I've never had ANY problems with the Remingtons that I own and have never had to interact with their customer service group in almost 40 years of owning various Remington products. The only "quality" issue that I've personally seen, if you can call it that, is that their 700 ADL barrels now have that rough finish rather than being polished.
I'll give a perfect example, few years back I purchased an 870 Express Supermag combo in 12 ga. The vent rib barrel would not eject low brass, high brass was ok. Called Remington to see about either getting a replacement or sending it in to be polished. This is what I was told by Remington's customer service "Well you did buy the Express which isn't as highly polished as the Wingmaster" when asked what they were going to do for me the reply was "It is what it is, perhaps if you take the barrel to a smith to polish the chamber" when asked if they would cover it under the warranty "NO" was the answer. Now this was a 3 month old shotgun that didn't even have 50 rounds through it yet. I don't know about you but I expect a pump to feed and eject any ammo that it's chambered for be it low or high brass. Is that too much to expect, I think not.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

Remingtons quality and customer service have sucked since Cerberus moved them down south. Marlin will likely undergo a similar fate.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very sad, I've never been a Lever Action fan. I have owned a couple Marlins over the years and they are a great rifle.Remington has definitely been going down hill. Unfortunately with Remington controling Marlin I can't see it go but one way down. Remington has turned allot of garbage out over recent years.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

i cant believe marlin would get shut down. at least at my end of the woods they sell like crazy and they usually demand top dollar.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

700s and 870s still kick ass, mine certainly does. I couldnt care less who owns the co. or where the plant is.

oh, and theres like 10 zillion 336s out there.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm calling it. Marlin pre-08.

Tom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.