Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 20 ga. Mossberg Bantam youth shotgun >

20 ga. Mossberg Bantam youth shotgun

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

20 ga. Mossberg Bantam youth shotgun

Old 06-18-2003, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default 20 ga. Mossberg Bantam youth shotgun

I' m considering purchasing a 20 ga. Mossberg Bantam for my son upon completing the hunter safety education course. While I have always been pretty loyal to Remington, I like that the forearm stock sits closer to the trigger on the Mossberg than the Remington 870 Youth. It makes it easier for the kid to hold the gun without having to reach. Have you purchased and shot this gun? How has it worked out for your kid? What turkey chokes partner with this gun well and deliver nice tight patterns?
Old 06-18-2003, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 20 ga. Mossberg Bantam youth shotgun

I bought one last year for my wife' s birthday. She is short so the Mossberg fits her well. The forearm being closer is a big help as she isn' t off balance when shooting. I have shot it and even though I grew up on 12' s and 16' s I might have to get me a 500 20 gauge. As far as Mossberg quality, I have been shooting one for years without problems. Can' t go wrong with the 500 series. I really don' t know which turkey chokes are out there for it, but it comes with three tubes, full, modified and improved cylinder. I am sure someone is making a turkey tube for it.
Old 06-18-2003, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a mossber youth pump and it works really well. The only thing about them which really is not that big of a deal is that the forearm stock rattles on every single pump mossberg i have heard about or touched. This really doesn' t matter because i use it for birds, bunnies, squirrels and thats it. If you were going to go hunt something that spooks easily from noises than i would pick a different gun. But if i were going to get a pump gun for birds and stuff i thinkg mossbergs are really good guns for the money.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

And here I thought that rattling only bugged me. When I used my 500 for deer hunting, I spooked more than a few nice deer. Oh well, my single Ultra Hunter only makes one noise..............................BOOM!

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 06-20-2003, 06:21 PM

I bought my boys a 12 gauge bantam and fits them like a glove.Cant go wrong