Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 mossberg shotgun youth stock? >

mossberg shotgun youth stock?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

mossberg shotgun youth stock?

Old 01-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Spike

Default mossberg shotgun youth stock?

I purchased a mossberg 20 ga. pump for my son for christmas and was a little big for him. So I ordered from mossberg the youth fore-end and buttstock for his shotgun. On the fore-end it slides back further than the standard size one, and there is about a 1 1/2 to 2 inch gap so the fore-end slides before it even moves the action. I called mossberg and asked if there is a spacer that goes on the end of the fore-end there so when you move the fore-end it immediately moves the action and they said NO, thats the way it is supposed to be. My question is, is this true? It doesnt seem right to me. Anyone with info about this please let me know if this is correct or not on the youth pump models.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:27 AM

Default RE: mossberg shotgun youth stock?

I used to have a 12 ga bantam (youth model) and I don't remember it doing this. I could be wrong though. Your best bet would be to go to a gun store and look at a Bantam model and see if it works the same way.

Paul
Old 01-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Typical Buck

I had a bantam 20ga. as well, that isn't right. My gun had a crisp clean action without any play. But it started out as a youth gun. Maybe that is the difference.

[/align]
Old 01-17-2007, 12:47 AM
Typical Buck

yeah something is up. I would either take it in and have someone take a look at it, put the original fore end back on, or check ebay for a slide for the youth model. I hope you can get it figured out. It really dosent make sense to me. Is the new foreend shorter in length than the original?
Old 01-21-2007, 07:45 PM
Spike

the forend itself is not shorter but where the steel slides make contact with the stock it is milled out farther down. about 1 1/2 inches, which is why you get the slop. the shotgun itself is a regular adult 500. I am going to call mossberg again and see if i get the same answer. in the mean time i retrofitted a schedule 40 PVC coupler that works great as a spacer, just looks hillbillyish.