Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
copper fouling >

copper fouling

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

copper fouling

Old 10-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

I've used Sweets 7.62 and Barnes CR-10 interchangeably.......... both get the job done well.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:11 AM
Typical Buck

I have tried Sweets 7.62, Butches Bore Shine, and Bore Tech Eliminator. Of the 3 Bore Tech worked the best for me and it has not odor. If I use Bore Tech after Sweets or Butches I get blue patches but if I use Bore Tech first and then try Sweets or Butches they come out clean.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:21 AM
Fork Horn

i use the shooters choice now and i like it. i've used their bore solvent for a very long time and have always liked it. then i started to use their other products and liked them as well. so now i primarily use all of their product line for cleaning and maintenance. i'm not saying that they're the best, but they are good products. i like the stuff, and i've wanted to use one product line anyways.

from recommendations from this site several years ago i've used sweets 7.62 with good results as well. i feel that any of the ones that have been listed so far will work well. i guess it may boil down to availability if you like to buy stuff loacally. most of this stuff can be had easily on line if you don't mind waiting a few days for it.