Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Gun show advice.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default Gun show advice.

I plan to go to my first gun show this weekend in Columbus Ohio. So,how does this work? Can I just waltz in with my gun in tow, or do I need to do something extra? I want to take that .204 I have for sale with me. I thought I might find someone to trade with there. Any help would be great. The only experience I have with gun shows is from when I lived in Dayton. I worked security to bring in extra money. I would get stationed at the gun show from time to time. My only jobs were to make sure there were no loaded guns, and that no deals were done outside. I felt kinda odd being the only one there that didn't have a gun. Any help before I get there would be great.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gun show advice.

They will check your gun at the door and put a zip tie on the bolt. You will have the best luck of selling or trading if you have a for sale sign in the barrel. Just make the sign like a little flag on a stick and stick it in your barrel.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Typical Buck

sold my .204 today. Now, do you think I will be able to find a .223 bolt action for around $400.00 or so? W/ scope preferably.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

I just went to two gun shows last month in Reno, NV. I was looking for a Colt 1911. The least expencive one I found was $900, all beat to crapand no break on the price. To be honest, no deals at all. I asked several vendors if they would come down a little to take the edge off tax and the background check and they all said NO! Not even $15 off a $600 Beretta. Everthing was normal retail price. I ended up going to Cabelas and got me a Sig P220 in a .45. Even Cabelas came down $50 for me to cover tax and background check. It may be different in your neck of the woods. Just my experience.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

The real deals at gun shows will be walking around not from the dealers . I used to go to two or three shows a month and it was a rare occasion when I bought anything from a dealer . If you went before the shows opened when the dealers are setting upthere are some deals but the other dealers will see them firstand buy them before the show opens . Been there and done that ,have a good one .
Old 05-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

i know a indiana dealer that had a few 1911s had a mint colt for like 850 i thin if you want i will make a call see if he still has it and then send you his info
ORIGINAL: Powerfisher

I just went to two gun shows last month in Reno, NV. I was looking for a Colt 1911. The least expencive one I found was $900, all beat to crapand no break on the price. To be honest, no deals at all. I asked several vendors if they would come down a little to take the edge off tax and the background check and they all said NO! Not even $15 off a $600 Beretta. Everthing was normal retail price. I ended up going to Cabelas and got me a Sig P220 in a .45. Even Cabelas came down $50 for me to cover tax and background check. It may be different in your neck of the woods. Just my experience.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Typical Buck

Went to the show today. After I got done filling out a police report.[:@]My car was broken into overnight. some folks ought to have a hunting season. Anyway, I went to the gun show and was promptly disappointed. They only had 3 bolt action .223 rifles in the entireshow. I had my mossy slugster with me just incase I needed more cash for the rifle. I didn't need to bring it. I had plenty of interst in my slug gun and could have easily sold it. I didn't want to unless I had to. Long story short; I looked around and left. They had a .223 bolt that I had never heard of and 2 more that were more than outside of my price range.The one I had never heard of was called Integra or something like that. I left went Gander Mountain and bought a used Savage model 12. It is pre Accu Trigger ,so I was wondering if I could have a trigger job done to it. I think I will just wait and see if I need to lighten up the trigger.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: standsleeper

sold my .204 today. Now, do you think I will be able to find a .223 bolt action for around $400.00 or so? W/ scope preferably.
Where? At the gun show? Who knows!!