Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Hi- Point 9mm >

Hi- Point 9mm

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Hi- Point 9mm

Old 04-23-2009, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hi- Point 9mm

Got to agree with the others on this one. If all you want to do is plink with the gun then fine, go ahead and get it. Problem is though you want it to keep in your vehicle and at your bedside. So that tells me you want it for self defense. I would not trust my life nor any of my loved ones to a Hi Point. I was in college once beforetoo and understandtight budget restraints. If it were me, I would start saving towards something else.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BigTiny

My experience with the Hi-point carbine is it is a very ugly, fairly durable, cheap firearm. If I wanted a small carbine for plinking, I would get one. The pistols I would pass on. I have been shot at twice with them, and both guns failed at a very inopportune time for the shooter.

If it were an inexpensive auto pistol I was after, I would go for the Makarov. They are some of the most durable handguns made, and you can get them for around 200 bucks. It shoots a 9mm round that is different from the Luger ammo, but makes a hole nonetheless. The 9mm makarov rounds are still in plentiful supply, and the price hasn't tripled, like the 9mm Luger ammo.
Thank God, for your sake, that the perps that took shots at you didn't follow my advise!

Hi-Points, Brycos, Jimenez Arms and the like are great guns for criminals, if they are to be armed at all (which, contrary to the gun control pipe dreams of the left, they always will be). I'd rather have the bad guys packing cheap, unreliable guns than quality pieces. Keeps everybody but the perp alive longer.

Mike
Old 04-24-2009, 05:46 AM

It is a cheap gun,but I've owned several cheapies in my time.Why not find a good,used 9 at a pawn shop?I bought a Ruger P89DC 9 mm for $150.00 Three years ago ,and I've not had a single hangup or misfire.It looked like it had been through Hurricane Katrina,but I used a half can of gun scrubber and it looked ,not new,but in good condition.It shoots like a new gun.