Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Nikon Buckmaster or Leupold VX-I? >

Nikon Buckmaster or Leupold VX-I?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Nikon Buckmaster or Leupold VX-I?

Old 12-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Spike

Default Nikon Buckmaster or Leupold VX-I?

Shopping for a new scope to go onmy next rifle. Planning on a combo varmint/deer rig in .25-06. Looking at a 4x12 power; keeping under the $300 mark, what does everyone recommend? Right now considering the Nikon Buckmaster 4.5x14 or the Leupold VX-I in 4x12. Thoughts on either of these oranother scope I should consider?
Thanks
Old 12-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Nikon Buckmaster or Leupold VX-I?

Go with the buckmaster. Leupolds are great, but stay away from anything under at least vx2.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

Go with the buckmaster. Leupolds are great, but stay away from anything under at least vx2.
x2

I have a VX-1 2-7x33 on a muzzleloader(picked it up for less than $95) and it does well for what I use it for. IMO though, you can get a lot more scope for your money with the Buckmaster.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, the VXI Leupy's are crap.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nikon.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:02 AM
Banned

Same goes here. VX1's are ok, but the Nikon will have brighter optics. I just wish they would take "Buckmaster" off the damn thing. Makes it look like junk, not a Bushman fan at all.I have a 2x7Monarch that I swear is brighter than my 3x9VX2.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: vabyrd

Same goes here. VX1's are ok, but the Nikon will have brighter optics. I just wish they would take "Buckmaster" off the damn thing. Makes it look like junk, not a Bushman fan at all.I have a 2x7Monarch that I swear is brighter than my 3x9VX2.
I know what you mean, but the Buckmaster is a pretty darn good scope. I have a 3-9x40 Monarch that is definately brighter and clearer than a 3-9x40 VX-2 and right on par with my friend's VX-3. I will say that the Leupold's are less picky when it comes to eye relief though.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: vabyrd

What's wrong with Buckmasters and Jackie Bushman?
Old 12-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Nikon 3x9x40 buckmasters the the BDC reticle and its GREAT. Great low-light vision and wonderful clarity.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have had both of them. My Buckmaster was awful picky about eye relief. I finally sold it. I never had any problem with the VX-I and maybe I just got a lemon in the Buckmaster. I would look at the 3200 Busnell as well,

Quick Reply: Nikon Buckmaster or Leupold VX-I?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.