Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Nikon Buckmaster or Leupold VX-I? >

Nikon Buckmaster or Leupold VX-I?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Nikon Buckmaster or Leupold VX-I?

Old 12-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Nikon Buckmaster or Leupold VX-I?

Yeah get the Nikon, Im getting rid of all my Leupold stuff. Not pleased with there performance lately. MY dad started buying Nikons and he has the Nikon buckmaster and its way better then my VX -II. I have been disappointed with almost every new Leupold thing i have gotten, not sure whats going on up there in Oregon. My new Leupold binos suck, my rangefinder RX-II is an embarrassment(never workswell)and my scope cost more and isnt as good as the Nikons my dad is been buying. I used to swear Leupold but they seem to be making alot of junk lately. Nikon is better deal.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:58 PM

I just got the Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14 and I love it. It is a littlepicky on the eye relife though.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Leoupold is better than Nikon 80% of the time...when you mention VX1 you gotta go Bushmaster....

Always remember...Leoupold rocks.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:46 PM

Just get the Nikon Pro Staff and save some money. Nothing wrong with my Buckmaster but if I could do it over again I would just get the Pro Staff. Up to you though.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

As most of you have read I do not like my Leupold VX-I. It's been sent in to Leupold twice. Now I've also been told I was in the minority but I don't like it and it also seems to lose zero super easy if you bump it or it falls over or anything. I put a Burris Fullfield II on that was cheaper and looks much much clearer and works better. Heck my $30 has honestly worked better and lasted longer.

I know I'm in the minority so maybe you will get a good one but because of that I'd go with the Nikon out of those two choices. I'd check out the Burris Fullfield II though. I really like it so far. I haven't had it that long though so can't comment on how it will hold up over time.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:38 PM
Typical Buck

I've always been told to stay away from any luepold under the vxII so i would say buckmaster but I would also seriously consider the bushnell 3200 line as well.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would buy a Bushnell 3200 before either of the two choices given....much better glass IMHO.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a Leupold fan and I say stay away from the VX-Is. The Buckmaster is a very impressive piece of glass for that price range. I have a VX-I that is going back to Leupold as soon as my dad shoots his doe with it. The power adjusting ring is stuck on it, and the MOA turretts are stuck for up and down and left to right. Luckily for my dad, the gun was still sighted in from last year, as he won't shoot any other deer rifle other than his dads old Winchester 100.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

I usually opt for the VXI's because I still like a gloss black scope. I love them. My only complaint is the power magnification ring is hard to turn. I've never had a Nikon but it will probably be my next scope just to mic it up. As far as the optics being better than a VXI, that would be impressive because my VXI beside a Bushnell, Tasco, BSA, etc.. is a night and day difference, literally.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Spike

Try a Burris Fullfield ll . Much better than Leu vx-ll. You can get the Burris 4.5x14x42 AO off of ebay for less than $300. Very good scope at this price.

Quick Reply: Nikon Buckmaster or Leupold VX-I?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.