Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Antonio Zoli >

Antonio Zoli

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Antonio Zoli

Old 12-15-2008, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Antonio Zoli

Anyone ever heard of these? Anyone know what they are worth? The one I'm looking at is a 20 gauge double barrel. It says made in Italy and that it's a 3" Magnum. Anyone know anything about these? Are they good guns and what are they worth? Thanks guys.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Antonio Zoli

Depending on the model andgradeyou can figure to spend anything from $500.00 to $5,000.00 + on an A. Zoli shotgun. Try to get more information on the shotgun you're looking at and I can provide you with a better number. When you say "double" do you mean S/S or O/U?? I don't seem to remember a Zoli side by side, I thought they made O/U only but I could be wrong.....I am a lot!

Yes they are great guns.....
Old 12-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Site Bouncer

I take that back.....I do remember Zoli making a boxlockside by sideway back when......
Old 12-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Zoli is another one of the long list of Italian gunmakers that made firearms for American importers. Just like all the rest of the importers, they produced their firearms to the required standards of the contract. Zoli made some fantastic stuff, and they made some S0-SOfirearms as well. Take the shotgun to someone who knows before you buy it.

At oner time even Charles Daly shotguns were made by Zoli. Just another in the long list of companies that produced CD firearms.

Your questiion without all the facts can never be answered truthfully. If you do not know for sure then I would walk away from the deal. Unless someone is giving it away.

Is the shotgun marked who the importer is?? Tom.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

It says Silverhawk like it's the model. Then says Antonio Zoli then under that Gardone V.T. Italy It says that on both sides. On the bottom it says Eagle Arms. However, everywhere else says Antnio Zoli. Well, the barrel says Antionio Zoli & C. Gardone V.T.

It's a side by side double barrel. One side is a full choke and one is a modified however, you can not change the chokes as they are made in. The gun has a couple of scratches on the stock but not many and in better shape than most guns. I'd say it's in at least 98% condition. That's what I'd guess and I'm super picky about any scratches or marks. The only other minor flaw I can find is the end of the barrel has the blueing worn off. You can only see it when looking at the very end like it's ridden around in a truck or something like that. Honestly, it's in very very nice shape.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Forgot to mention it has 2 triggers as I'm guessing most do. It also says something about Special nickel chrom steel nitro proved on the barrel. Has some ='s in there. Not exactly sure what that means. Does this info help any?
Old 12-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Site Bouncer

Ok, now that you've given a littlemore information, I can helpa little more. Zoli (as mentioned) made guns for may different importers as well as import under their own name. The Silver Hawk in 20 or 12ga generally came with 27 1/2 to 30in barrels one full and the other modified or Improved Cylinder. It sported an "in the white" receiver or color case hardenedwith blued barrels. It either had extractors or ejectors depending on the grade Silver Hawk you had. I'm not sure when they stopped production or exactly when they started but odds are the gun was made before 1970. The one you describe having double triggers probably dates it a little earlier as the also produced it with a single selective trigger.

Depending on condition, grade and options as well as the amount and detail of the engraving it had (this usually went hand in hand with the grade quality),the prices will range from $700.00 - $1,800.00 depending on the market at the time.

A slightly higher quality "Silver Eagle" was also produced and brings a higher dollar.

This is just a "ball park" idea of the cost and the overall condition is the most important factor, bluing should be 98% +, the wood should be dent and scratch free (small handling marks can be expected), good clean boresand it should function properly in order to expect the values listed above. If there is anything wrong with it, you have room to barter.

Hope that helped....
Old 12-16-2008, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the help. Are these good shotguns?
Old 12-16-2008, 01:02 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: hometheaterman

Thanks for the help. Are these good shotguns?
Yes....