Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 San Antonio TX Hog Hunters >

San Antonio TX Hog Hunters

Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

San Antonio TX Hog Hunters

Old 04-29-2009, 08:41 AM

Default San Antonio TX Hog Hunters

Hey Guys,

I just found out that I will be moving to San Antonio for the next three years. If anybody from the area does hog hunting and wouldn't mind showing me the ropes, I would really appreciate it. I have never been hunting in Texas and I am from Indiana. You guys have a lot of things that bite and poke and I don't know anything about them. I could use some advisors before I try tackling it on my own. I hope to be getting a bass boat soon, so if anyone wants to go fishing, let me know and as soon as I get it, I will be more than happy to take people out. Thanks.

James
Old 05-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: San Antonio TX Hog Hunters

Wabash, there are plenty of hogs in that part of Texas... You might have to find a Texas based hunting site to get some more people in that area to respond.... I have been on this site for a while and haven't seen too many folks from that part of Texas but that area is really good hunting of all types of animals... Do a search on Texas hunting site's and you should be able to find one... IF you are into archery try out Texasbowhunter.com Best of luck to you in your travels and Welcome to Texas!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 06:28 PM

Thanks for the reply. I will do some searching around. I will definitely check out your bowhunting site. I do a lot of bowhunting. Thanks again.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am here in san antonio, Ican help you out , hit me up with a PM
Old 05-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best advice I can give you wabash is watch out for that zrexpilot guy...oops he's already chimed in!Really he can be a great help...he would declare war with a 22 Hornet and win on hogs! I'm wanting to get him in my country on his drag bike to give these locals some lessons!
Old 05-30-2009, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

Best advice I can give you wabash is watch out for that zrexpilot guy...oops he's already chimed in!Really he can be a great help...he would declare war with a 22 Hornet and win on hogs! I'm wanting to get him in my country on his drag bike to give these locals some lessons!
I just stepped it up another notch too.
I have been having problems seeing my crosshairs on these hogs at night, specially the black ones.
Well I just recently mounted a Mueller 4x16x50 red dot scope on my hornet. This thing is sweet, 11 brightness setting on the dotand crystal clear at night.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just how was the view from the "grassy knoll"? Your beginning to scare me!