Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Spartan combo gun >

Spartan combo gun

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Spartan combo gun

Old 11-27-2008, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Spartan combo gun

Howdy guy's,Was hunting with a bud the other day.He has one of those Spartan 12 gauge over 30-06 combo guns .We were dogging and I got to thinking not a bad idea for people who hunt with dogs.Don't have to decide whether to carry the rifle or the shotgun.Anyway this kinda interested me untill I checked out the gun.The rifle trigger (back) had like a 27 lb.trigger pull.I mean it was so hard that I thought it was not even cocked.Didn't even try the front trigger .What I was wondering is .Can anything be done to these guns? Like a trigger job or maybe something aftermarket.I could never consider buying one of these with triggers like that.Thanks guy's ............Alton
Old 11-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spartan combo gun

Can anything be done to these guns?
yea....leave them in the store!
Old 11-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Banned

I thought you dog guys werent allowed to use rifles?? Anyway, that thing is a piece of crap, dont waste your money.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks ridge, was justwondering .Never did like the savage and they are right dang proud of the valmet (at least they were of the AK type I have).Can't see $15,000 for a Merkel .

vabyrd,don't want to get into one of those "dog things" here Love to hear the music whether it be deer,coons rabs,or fox.Sweet song when you hear a gang of hounds open up.Don't hunt deer with dogs all of the time.If you are close in your stands no rifles (at least not for me ).Sometimes you are spread out pretty good ,and might be looking over a couple hundred acres need a rifle then .Kinda like the bow thing if you limit yourself to 50 yards then he will step out at 75.[]
Old 11-29-2008, 07:37 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Swampdog

Thanks ridge, was justwondering .Never did like the savage and they are right dang proud of the valmet (at least they were of the AK type I have).Can't see $15,000 for a Merkel .

vabyrd,don't want to get into one of those "dog things" here Love to hear the music whether it be deer,coons rabs,or fox.Sweet song when you hear a gang of hounds open up.Don't hunt deer with dogs all of the time.If you are close in your stands no rifles (at least not for me ).Sometimes you are spread out pretty good ,and might be looking over a couple hundred acres need a rifle then .Kinda like the bow thing if you limit yourself to 50 yards then he will step out at 75.[]
Not trying to start anything Sdog. I know in some dog counties that no rifles are allowed because of safety and terrian, just wanted to make sure you were'nt in one of them.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:52 PM
DM

ORIGINAL: Swampdog

Who says all Merkels are 15K??? Your looking at top end models!!

Look at used Valmet 412's, they are excelent and sell quite reasonable, for the quality of gun they are...

DM
Old 12-07-2008, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks DM ,Yeah I know about the merkels.Still to expensive for a whim.Will have to check out the Valmet.