Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 TC Encore...is it worth it? >

TC Encore...is it worth it?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

TC Encore...is it worth it?

Old 11-16-2008, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: TC Encore...is it worth it?

Just because everyone on t.v. uses them doesn't make them good, but I won't say they are bad. T/C is throwing a ton of sponserships out there. Plain old advertising.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Typical Buck

Per the TV comments, I dont even watch the hunting shows anymore, and havent in quite some time. TV was no influence on my choice. I LOVE how they feel and shoot.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:03 PM

I have an Encore and 2 different barrels, one in 7mm Rem Mag and one in .280 Rem. Both of them can shoot 1" or better at 100 yards. the .280 took me a couple of different types of bullets untill I found one it liked. I agree that the single shot is not ideal for quick follow up shots, but as for accuracy, maybe I'm lucky, but I have no complaints there. I would say its worth it, but thats only my opinion based on my experiences with my particular barrels.

Axis
Old 11-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

My best friend had one and he liked it. He got quite a few critters with it too. He had the muzzleloader, .303 Brit, and .223 barrels for it. The gun must have been a good shooter, because he shot it very well. He also reloaded all his own ammo. He said factory ammo was "finicky" in his rifle.

I handled his and shot it a few times. It didn't seem to fit me very well and I thought the balance was strange. The fit and finish seemed very good. It's a good rifle set up, but I don't think it's worth the price they charge.

The gun certainly has it's place, but not for me at this time.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

If that was your experience with the Encore then why didn't you write your experience, instead of saying what you did?? And yes SS firearms do rust. And yes shells do stick in dirty firearms(must of been dirty if allowed to rust). And 990 times out of a 1,000--accuracy is determined more by the shooter than the rifle.
Not my guns. One was a brand new 7-08 and we had to pull every shell out with pliers, and rusted before it even had a scope put on it. Read ( brand new )
Next brand new .243
next brand new .243.
all shot buy 3 different guys, none would group better than 3" and I am being generous
2 have been returned too dealer, luckily they offer lifetime warranty on guns purchased there.
One guy is still trying to get his .243 to shoot.
Thats my expierence with T/C
Yes we know how to shoot, specially off a freaking shooting station, my NEF out shot them, all same day and one owns a rossi as well, it out shot them as well.
I retract my statement. T/C, worst 200.00 rifle 700.00 can buy.
I love single shot rifles and was even contemplating getting a T/C, not after my expierence with them. no way no how.
Oh and the receiever rubs on the barrel as you open and close it leaving nasty scratch marks on the stainless finish [:'(]
Old 11-16-2008, 10:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bottom line is they are a 600-700 buck polk stock....
Old 11-17-2008, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

My TC Encore is my go to gun. 50 cal BP has put the smack down on numerous deer. With the Nikon Omega BDC scope, 150 grains with a 260 grain bullet, I'm dead on paper at250 yards.Anything inside that distance, doesn't have a chance. I have a 12ga smoothbore I use for turkey and a screw in rifled choke I use for shooting slugs. The 7mm Rem Mag barrell with Nikon Buckmaster BDC is a tack driver. Busted a 9 pointer at over 235 yards.

The rational of not being able to make a quick follow up shot with a TC Encore, sounds like that indivdual needs more time and practice on the range. One shot should equal one kill.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:27 AM

Having managed a few gun shops and worked in the industry for some time I will weigh in my .02 here. On the one hand, Ive played with multiple Encores that DID NOT do at all what I thought they should have, several in fact. Then on the other I shot a 25-06 in for a young man 2 seasons ago, a Pro-Hunter, with 120gr Fed Fusion printed two 3 shot groups back to back first was .249" second was .390!! Easily the most accurate bone stock factory big game gun/factory ammo combo Ive ever put on paper. Go figure. By and large though, you can do much better.