Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 TC Encore...is it worth it? >

TC Encore...is it worth it?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

TC Encore...is it worth it?

Old 11-16-2008, 06:25 PM
Spike

Default TC Encore...is it worth it?

Ive been kicking around the idea of getting an encore in 223 or 22-250 for coyotes and groundhogs. I like the idea of changing out barrels to have an whole new gun. What are your personal opinons about the encore? Is it worth it spending 200+ for different barrels or is it better to just buy a whole different gun?
Old 11-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TC Encore...is it worth it?

I have over a dozen 30-06's, and my Encore is my go to 30-06.

I have several barrels for my Encore frames. It can get a bit addictive if you let it.

IMO the Encore is one of the best rifle choices out there. They are accurate, fast handling, short, and very versatile. Plus they are a pretty good looking firearm that "fits" most shooters. And there are so many different stock designs that finding the right fit is easily achievable.

Basically the Encore is a quality made product that shoots well and is backed by an impecable warranty. What else would you want?? Tom.

Old 11-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

I have over a dozen 30-06's, and my Encore is my go to 30-06.

I have several barrels for my Encore frames. It can get a bit addictive if you let it.

IMO the Encore is one of the best rifle choices out there. They are accurate, fast handling, short, and very versatile. Plus they are a pretty good looking firearm that "fits" most shooters. And there are so many different stock designs that finding the right fit is easily achievable.

Basically the Encore is a quality made product that shoots well and is backed by an impecable warranty. What else would you want?? Tom.

X5
Old 11-16-2008, 07:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

They must be good rifles cause all the guys on TV seem to be using them. I got one in 7-08 when they first came out and it was the worst rifle I owned in the accuracy department. I even sent it back to T/C twice. I finally got disgusted with it and traded it in. It must have really been a jinxed rifle because 2 weeks later when I went back to the gun shop, the owner told me someone stole it off the used rack.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:32 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: jober425

Ive been kicking around the idea of getting an encore in 223 or 22-250 for coyotes and groundhogs. I like the idea of changing out barrels to have an whole new gun. What are your personal opinons about the encore? Is it worth it spending 200+ for different barrels or is it better to just buy a whole different gun?
Encore is the biggest gimic to come out. It sucked in most of us. I have a 204 encore with a muzzleloading barrel. If I had to do over, I would not have a varmit caliber in a pokestalk. I put a fortune into the gun to make it a MOA gun. And it doesn't make sense for a gun you plan to make fast followup shots.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

T/C, the best 200.00 rifle 700.00 can buy
Old 11-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

T/C, the best 200.00 rifle 700.00 can buy

I may not agree with Big Country's opinion on the Encore, but I respect his opinion because I am sure his opinion is derived from experience.

However I am quit sure your opinion comes from a complete lack of........ Tom.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ya I have only shot 3 different ones, and big country nailed it right on the head. Very poor accuracy, shells getting stuck in the chamber, stainless rusting before a scope was even put on the gun.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:20 PM
Typical Buck

I love it. Have shot a couple different muzzleloaders and this is the most accurate I have felt. As far reloading...how about those double rifles they use in Africa? You'd think if a break action couldnt reload that fast, they'd build a stronger repeater to handle quick reloading on those big bore guns....especially when you have a 10,000lb bull elephant charging you.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

ya I have only shot 3 different ones, and big country nailed it right on the head. Very poor accuracy, shells getting stuck in the chamber, stainless rusting before a scope was even put on the gun.
If that was your experience with the Encore then why didn't you write your experience, instead of saying what you did?? And yes SS firearms do rust. And yes shells do stick in dirty firearms(must of been dirty if allowed to rust). And 990 times out of a 1,000--accuracy is determined more by the shooter than the rifle.

I have probably shot over 100 Encores and Contenders over the years. And with the exception of the MZ's. I was pleased with all of them. I have a couple of Contender's that can shoot the lid off a soda bottle at 100 yards. So I would consider that accurate.

I have not priced a new Encore in a year or so. But I can put an Encore together with a custom barrel and a custom trigger job for less tha $700, if I shop around a bit(I have less than that in mine and it is a couple of years old). And a standard Encore can also be bought for less than $700. But I will admit that the Pro Hunter is definitely over priced. Tom.

Quick Reply: TC Encore...is it worth it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.