Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Got my new stoeger 2000, cleaning for the 1st time? How? >

Got my new stoeger 2000, cleaning for the 1st time? How?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Got my new stoeger 2000, cleaning for the 1st time? How?

Old 08-29-2008, 11:31 PM

Default Got my new stoeger 2000, cleaning for the 1st time? How?

I just got my 1st semi-auto shotgun. I was told it has to be cleaned of all the stock greese, and relubed before use. I had a 870 pump before this and knew that gun inside and out. Im afraid to take the 2000 appart because of missing parts, or screwing something up. But I took off the barrel, and checked everything out, and looks pretty simple. I see all the greese around the spring area. Is that what needs cleaned? Or does the whole gun need to be taken appart? It didnt say anything in the manual, and got a few tips here and there from the forum. Anyone have a step by step on how to do this? How much lube to use? and what to clean? Also what about break in? I was told to use 2 boxes of high brass, or heavier loads like turkey to break it in. I have some break free CLP oil, and some kleen bore formula 3 gun conditioner, and some hopps solvent.. Will this work for cleaning?

Thanks guys
Old 09-02-2008, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got my new stoeger 2000, cleaning for the 1st time? How?

Don't clean the action. It will stay squeaky clean on its own. If you feel up to it, after shoot it bull the barrel off and run a cleaning rod down it. It's an inertia system so no gasses vent into the action.

Congrats on owning a sweet shotgun.

Tom