Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Sig Mosquito .22 pistol? >

Sig Mosquito .22 pistol?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Sig Mosquito .22 pistol?

Old 08-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sig Mosquito .22 pistol?

I'm interested in this gun, but haven't heard much about it. Anyone own one of these?
Old 08-29-2008, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Sig Mosquito .22 pistol?

I have one and I think is a fine pistol. I have read reviews that they can be pickey with ammo. Mine runs fine, I keep it clean and lubed. Accuracy is OK but not good enough for a target gun in my hands.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm really just looking for a cheap plinking .22 pistol and it seems to fit the bill. Thanks!!!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was interested in one myself a month ago and when i researched it there was a scary number of people who owned one or knew someone who did that said "stay away" that its really touchy with feed problems etc.
I honestly don't remember one person that said "yeah get it, great pistol"??

Seemed like everyone tried to steer me toward a Ruger MKIII or a Browning Buckmark.
I owned a ruger previously and liked it so thats what I went with..........Ruger MKIII 22/45 w/ the 5" bull barrel.

I can say I DO love it. I have exactly 1100 rounds of ammo through it this month alone and I have had exactly ONE failure to fire with a bad cartridge, no jams or feed problems in 1100 rounds.
Not too shabby with run of the mill Remington and Winchester Hi velocity stuff.
I can knock down water bottles at 50 yards with it more often than not offhand and at 25yds off a bench groups very nice for cheap ammo.

The field stripping for cleaning is a PITA til' you understand it but the gun is dead nuts reliable and accurate....nice buy for $299
Old 08-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I was interested in one myself a month ago and when i researched it there was a scary number of people who owned one or knew someone who did that said "stay away" that its really touchy with feed problems etc.
I honestly don't remember one person that said "yeah get it, great pistol"??

Seemed like everyone tried to steer me toward a Ruger MKIII or a Browning Buckmark.
I owned a ruger previously and liked it so thats what I went with..........Ruger MKIII 22/45 w/ the 5" bull barrel.

I can say I DO love it. I have exactly 1100 rounds of ammo through it this month alone and I have had exactly ONE failure to fire with a bad cartridge, no jams or feed problems in 1100 rounds.
Not too shabby with run of the mill Remington and Winchester Hi velocity stuff.
I can knock down water bottles at 50 yards with it more often than not offhand and at 25yds off a bench groups very nice for cheap ammo.

The field stripping for cleaning is a PITA til' you understand it but the gun is dead nuts reliable and accurate....nice buy for $299
Sounds like I will be staying away from it then. I have little to no patience with firearms not operating. I'm going to look into the Ruger MK111 this weekend. Thanks, Matt.