Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 poll! best quality scope >

poll! best quality scope

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

poll! best quality scope

Old 03-13-2003, 01:28 AM

Default RE: poll! best quality scope

Leupold.
Old 03-13-2003, 03:08 AM

i perfer the leupold . mostly cause the price. if i could afford a ( german made ) ziess i would buy one of those.
i geuss the more money you pay the better it will be.
Old 03-13-2003, 04:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Leupold, best scope for the money.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:09 AM

Take Skeeters post and imagine its mine except the part about the signature Burris.I will add the Elites weight,eye relief,and resale value are its negatives and the Zeiss Conquest lacks the long proven track record yet,but they both are better than the Leupold in brightness and clarity.Heck Leupold claims 91% total light transmission while Elites and Conquests claim 95%.Leupold needs to stop riding on its laurels as the scope world continues to change and go to a quick focus on the vari x' s like they have on the LPS,they need to make the scopes more user friendly with power numbers you can read and see from the shooting position,switch to finger adjustable windage and elavation knobs like everybody else,and develop a rainguard coating and reticles that glow without batteries at dawn and dusk.They are a great scope but not the tip of the sword anymore.They still have weight,long eye relief,ruggedness,and warranty to claim but the other scope companies are fast taking their turf and this will continue till Leupold wakes up and becomes an innovator again.My favorites in my price range are Elite 4200,Leupold Vari X lll,and Zeiss Conquest.My pick for best overall?.....Zeiss Conquest.

woods
Old 03-13-2003, 07:08 AM
jjo

leupold, never had a problem.

jjo
Old 03-13-2003, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

I am not trying to start an argument, but it is my opinion that Leupold is probably the most over rated scope there is.

Don' t take that the wrong way, Leupold is a [i]good[i] scope, but it is over rated, as there are better scopes, like Zeiss and Swarovski. To compare thge optics of a Leupold to a Zeiss or Swarovski, would be like comparing a Ford Taurus to a Mercedes Benz. The only draw back to Zeiss and Swarovski scopes are their price. Zeiss now has a much more affordable Conquest line out that is competitive with the higher end Leupolds price wise, and still appears to be higher in quality as well.

For my money, if I can' t justify the expense of a Zeiss or Swarovski, Nikon Monarch wins over Leupold. Optics are clearer, click ajustments are precise, and all mine have held up under some terribly recoiling guns.

Old 03-13-2003, 07:51 AM

Leupold wins hands down, just as everyone has said in their replies.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:54 AM
Typical Buck

Now that the Zeiss Conquest is the same price (or even a bit less) than the Leupold Vari-X III, I would have to give the nod to the Zeiss. The optics are clearer, brighter and the fixed eye relief is nice. I would probably go with the Loopy on a heavy-recoiling gun like a .300 RUM or .338 Win Mag just for the longer eye relief at low power, but I have no need for such powerful cartridges for the type of hunting I do. As a result, my next rifle will probably wear a Zeiss Conquest on top. If it holds up as well as my Leupolds have, it will probably become my scope of choice.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Zeiss...
Old 03-13-2003, 08:42 AM

My vote would have to be Leupold.

Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

Quick Reply: poll! best quality scope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.