Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 rem 700 adl or savage 110 >

rem 700 adl or savage 110

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

rem 700 adl or savage 110

Old 08-19-2008, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: rem 700 adl or savage 110

Rifle Loony- You are making your self look like a 12 year old school child. I am a diehard Remington fan. I have owned a Savage. They are shooters. Great rifles. But its the age old debate. Remington vs Savage, Ford vs Chevy, ect. Just leave it at that and stop with the childish antics!
Old 08-19-2008, 08:43 AM

Lotsa reasons I never bought a Hugo either, the gene pool harbors a vast testing grounds for such things...

The Accu Trigger is comprised oftoo many parts. Too many parts translates into some of them failing at some point, sometime, for someone....I'd rather not risk it and the X Mark Pro trigger is in mymost humble opinion, the best production trigger made yet.

A barrel nut, though handy for the shade tree "gunsmith" to swap out a barrel, is in no way shape or form stronger thanmated threads, barrel to action. If it were, then Savage wouldn't be the only one doing it and custom builders would be standing in line waiting to get them.

We won't even get into the design of a Savage bolt, Savage should have left the bolt actions to the pros andquit with the model 99, as they got THAT right.......

Savage for too long has made cheap guns for the cheap buyer, if throwing a new shine on something that used to be junk,and adding more parts to it to make it a "better" deal, horns you up then by all meansgo for it.

If not being giddy over second rate gear makes me sound like a twelve year old to youthen so be it, it doesn't though,makeit so.

Per this discussion the 700 ADL is the only way to fly, IMO.........................

Old 08-19-2008, 01:06 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rifle Loony

Lotsa reasons I never bought a Hugo either, the gene pool harbors a vast testing grounds for such things...

The Accu Trigger is comprised oftoo many parts. Too many parts translates into some of them failing at some point, sometime, for someone....I'd rather not risk it and the X Mark Pro trigger is in mymost humble opinion, the best production trigger made yet.

A barrel nut, though handy for the shade tree "gunsmith" to swap out a barrel, is in no way shape or form stronger thanmated threads, barrel to action. If it were, then Savage wouldn't be the only one doing it and custom builders would be standing in line waiting to get them.

We won't even get into the design of a Savage bolt, Savage should have left the bolt actions to the pros andquit with the model 99, as they got THAT right.......

Savage for too long has made cheap guns for the cheap buyer, if throwing a new shine on something that used to be junk,and adding more parts to it to make it a "better" deal, horns you up then by all meansgo for it.

If not being giddy over second rate gear makes me sound like a twelve year old to youthen so be it, it doesn't though,makeit so.

Per this discussion the 700 ADL is the only way to fly, IMO.........................

Did you ever manage to shoot one?
Old 08-19-2008, 01:39 PM

The fact that the obvious escapes you is not only ironic, it's quite telling...

Do yourself a favor and come to terms with it.

You win if it'll let you sleep at night......too funny.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

The fact that the obvious escapes you is not only ironic, it's quite telling...

Do yourself a favor and come to terms with it.

You win if it'll let you sleep at night......too funny.
I'll tell you what, shoot a handful of Savages, and then, if you still have the same opinion, feel free to send me a private message, give me the details. We'll call it a stalemate
Old 08-19-2008, 02:23 PM

Sorry, too busy whackin' stuff with my Remingtons to fool with a Savage.

Too bad that how something "shoots" isn't the ONLY criteriathat is measured.

Folks who won't drive Savages figured that out a long time ago...........
Old 08-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry, too busy whackin' stuff with my Remingtons to fool with a Savage.

Too bad that how something "shoots" isn't the ONLY criteriathat is measured.

Folks who won't drive Savages figured that out a long time ago...........
That's fine and dandy
Old 08-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Savage Schematic

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/schematics/schemmfg.aspx?schemid=337&m=14&mn=Savage%c 2%ae&model=110GC+-+111GC+-+111FC+-+114C++Clip+Type+

Remington Schematic

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/schematics/schemmfg.aspx?schemid=125&m=12&mn=Remingto n%c2%ae&model=Model+700+BDL+

Now you decide which one Rube Goldberg could have rigged up.

Damn, I hate agreeing with RIfle Loony but I just have to on this one anyway. You don't see the Marines or special forces adapting the Savage action and you don't see many custom smiths making guns out of them either for that matter. When either of both pick a weapon it has good bones.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

Carry on gentlemen, this has gone on far too long for me, have at it. If anyone wants to continue, feel free to drop me a private message. Pre-conceived notions seem to be preferred over actual experience, so I will just back out for now.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Carry on gentlemen, this has gone on far too long for me, have at it. If anyone wants to continue, feel free to drop me a private message. Pre-conceived notions seem to be preferred over actual experience, so I will just back out for now.
Sorry but I have owned Savages and will probably never buy another unless they drastically redesign their bolt and magazine system. That says much for your comment. Itdoesn't take a rocket science to see that the Savage is a far more complicated design then a Remington.Their magazines,floorplates andblind magazines are an abomination. So they shoot good out of the box big deal. There are far far more important things a quality rifle must possess other then that.In short life is too short to hunt with an ugly Savage.Don't get me wrong I am no big or small Remington lover either but if comparing both side by side the Remington beats it in stoutness of action, simplicity of design, overallweight , trigger with the exception of the tang safety.At this point if I had to buy an econo rifle it would be the Marlin MR-7 which is a better design. Last I heard they were selling for less then the POS stevens

Quick Reply: rem 700 adl or savage 110

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.