Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 rem 700 adl or savage 110 >

rem 700 adl or savage 110

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

rem 700 adl or savage 110

Old 08-18-2008, 09:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: rem 700 adl or savage 110

OK, enough of this BS. RIFLE LOONY - the point of these forums is to HELP other shooters. Your Holier then thou attitude does not belong here.
All it does is p**s people off.
It is fine that you like your equipment andYOU think its the best thing since sliced bread. But it doesn't mean that what YOU have is the best.
And another thing that's been bugging me. That picture with the rifle laying on a rock in a stream? Is that your rifle?
I usually take pictures of my rifles propped up against the game I harvest with them. But then again, that's what us true hunters do, not the wannabes.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:35 PM

ORIGINAL: bronko22000

OK, enough of this BS. RIFLE LOONY - the point of these forums is to HELP other shooters. Your Holier then thou attitude does not belong here.
All it does is p**s people off.
It is fine that you like your equipment andYOU think its the best thing since sliced bread. But it doesn't mean that what YOU have is the best.
And another thing that's been bugging me. That picture with the rifle laying on a rock in a stream? Is that your rifle?
I usually take pictures of my rifles propped up against the game I harvest with them. But then again, that's what us true hunter do, not the wannabes.
Wanna talk about holier than thou, just stick up forthe model 700 on a thread asking about the model 700 in the presence of a bunch of Savage Queens.........

You'll see holier than thou.

Yeah that's my rifle, glad you like it............
Old 08-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rifle Loony

The blow up video was made just to hump up the Savage Queens.......purely entertainment, and it was pretty funny.

Per Savages, I need not taste a crap sandwhich to know it's gonnataste likecrap.

Much to that in the Big Picture.......

If Savage twists your crank then have at it, I'll not lose a seconds sleep over it, just don't compare the venerable model 700 to some ill concieved notion dreamed up by the Green Bean counters to compete with the Savage market share.

Can't blame 'em though, hell business is business, and a dollar is a dollar.

Maybe Leupy was hoping for a combo contract with their Rifleman series...who knows.

JFYI, I can like a Rem 870 but can't an 1100 or 1187, and you couldn't give me either one.

I'd also take a Kimber over any Remmy rifle on the planet, but since I can make a 700 shoot I'll save the extra loot for ammo...........
The video doesn't do anything to help our cause as gun owners, thats for sure, outsiders already think of us as overweight rednecks who do stupid stuff with guns, and that video only reinforces that stereotype.

I had figured as much, never even shot one, and you are flapping your gums just to get people fired up, that is called "trolling" where I am from.

But I say carry on, while billion dollar groups are fighting to stop gun ownership, and put an end to hunting, you and your buddies are playing baseball with a hunting rifle.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:40 PM

There's that holier than thou..........
Old 08-18-2008, 09:42 PM

Sorry, can't let a man smart enough to ask questions drive A Savage............
Old 08-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rifle Loony

There's that holier than thou..........
It has nothing to do with being "holier than thou" it has to do with you spouting off without having any real world experience with the said product.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Cute, now he's getting into name calling.
Funny thing, I really don't recall anyone in here saying the 700 was a piece of crap the way he describes a Savage even though he admited never owning one. A lot of people said that from experience with the two, would prefer the savage. Yes, a couple said they liked Remington.
But one thing, you didn't hear a single person who opted for the Savage talked about getting the trigger worked, stock rebedded, etc. etc. to make it shoot.
I'm not saying the Savage is the best thing out there. I would personally like to have a safe full of Coopers over any Savage, Remington, Browning or whatever.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bronko22000

Cute, now he's getting into name calling.
Funny thing, I really don't recall anyone in here saying the 700 was a piece of crap the way he describes a Savage even though he admited never owning one. A lot of people said that from experience with the two, would prefer the savage. Yes, a couple said they liked Remington.
But one thing, you didn't hear a single person who opted for the Savage talked about getting the trigger worked, stock rebedded, etc. etc. to make it shoot.
I'm not saying the Savage is the best thing out there. I would personally like to have a safe full of Coopers over any Savage, Remington, Browning or whatever.
It's no use trying to talk sense into him, he is just here to stir up trouble.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

[/quote]
It's no use trying to talk sense into him, he is just here to stir up trouble.
[/quote]

I don't always agree with you, but you hit the nail on the head. What really sucks is, he has a wealth of knowledge, that he could share.But he would rather argue like a teenager![&o]
Old 08-19-2008, 03:56 AM

What's funny is when attempting to trump a 700 with a Savage the only card "they" can play is the 710.............

Quick Reply: rem 700 adl or savage 110

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.