Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 rem 700 adl or savage 110 >

rem 700 adl or savage 110

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

rem 700 adl or savage 110

Old 08-16-2008, 11:25 PM

Default RE: rem 700 adl or savage 110

Whats a 710?

The Model 700 is simply one of the best platforms to build upon, it's remained in production for a remarkable length of time and will continue to be a favorite among Rifle Builders....

It's sourced by our Military, our Law Enforcement, and countless Hunters for a reason....quality at an easy price.

The one I pictured in the creek above started out as a BDL woodstocked .270 Win bought in 1984, which was rode too hard for too long....it became a purpose driven project gun a couple of years agoand there you see the results. The only thing original is the reciever and the trigger. When I can get my hands on another X Mark Pro trigger, that too will be scrapped out.

Good Gear sells itself and those who know don't buy Savages.............
Old 08-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rifle Loony

Whats a 710?

The Model 700 is simply one of the best platforms to build upon, it's remained in production for a remarkable length of time and will continue to be a favorite among Rifle Builders....

It's sourced by our Military, our Law Enforcement, and countless Hunters for a reason....quality at an easy price.

The one I pictured in the creek above started out as a BDL woodstocked .270 Win bought in 1984, which was rode too hard for too long....it became a purpose driven project gun a couple of years agoand there you see the results. The only thing original is the reciever and the trigger. When I can get my hands on another X Mark Pro trigger, that too will be scrapped out.

Hahaha I just found out from another member that you were trolling over in the handloading section, so i guess you have taken up shop over here. I knew I should've taken what you said with a large dose of salt. It's alright, school will be starting back soon, then we won't have to deal with you.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:56 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

Why is it when people bring up Remington-a lot of shooters bring up the 710?? What does the 710 have to do with a Remington 700ADL?? I do not understand??
For the same reason people want to insist that every Savage is a piece of junk. I don't recall savage making a product like that where as Remington did it just to make a buck.Paul
Paul I would never say that every Savage is a piece of junk. However I would say that your memory does not serve you well, or you possibly may not have a long history with Savage. I used to sell the older Savage 110-E for $170. The return rate on those rifles was incredible. Savage has made, and imported several pieces over the years like that.

As I stated earlier compare a 30 year old Remington 700ADL to a Savage 110-E. I am pretty sure which one you would pick. Savage has come a long way over the last 30 years, but the Remington 700ADL was already there. Tom.
HEAD, your opinion is respectable, because you have real world experiences to back it up.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 4 Remington 700's. The newest one is a Remington BDL .243. Anyone who says that is not a quality gun is not very smart. It's one of the nicest guns I've ever owned and the quality is through the roof.My only problem with Remington is the fact that out offour 700's, I had to do a trigger job on three of them.

That being said, I also own a Savage 110 in .223 and I like it a lot. It is very accurate and I love the accu trigger.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think there both pretty good guns...
I personally own a Rem 700 Mtn. rifle and love it, fit / function is dead on with the .270 and my selected load...
130 gr. ballistic tip Nosler.

I have a friend that had a Weatherby that couldn't hold a 3" group @ 100 yards (more expensive doesn't = accuracy),
he tried every load under the sun and then traded it in for a Winchester. Now he's happy with his accuracy.
Moral of the story is to find a straight shooting rifle, no matter what the make is!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 10:59 AM

I have owned both and both worked great. I had a 110 E in the 80's I used to target shoot with. Never had a problem with it. It wasn't $170.00 either. That is one heck of a deal you were giving on them.

I currently have a savage 16 and a remington 700ML. The fit, finish and build quality is worse on the remington than the savage is. And I had to have a different trigger put in after the stock one broke. (remington)

I know the guy I sold my savage to and he still uses it every year to hunt with almost 25 years later with no probliems.

And I wasn't aware the Savages were imported? I thought they were made here, especially the 110 series. Where where they imported from? Probably not Russia like the SPR series that remington sells. I own one of those as well, next time I will get another H&R instead.

Oh, and if you want I can throw my gun in a creek and take a picture of it too if you want. Will that make it a better gun? Heck I will submerge in a bathtub if you want.

Paul
Old 08-17-2008, 11:10 AM

Whats a 710?
Wow, the all knowing rifle expert doesn't know what a Remington 710 is, or that fact that is was so crappy they had to upgrade it and change the model number to something else.

Wow, sounds like an awesome gun, you changed everything but the receiver, where can I get a gun like that? My savage is just as old and nothing has been done to it except shoot it and clean it. What a crappy gun mine must be that I didn't have to change every part on it in 25 years.

Well there must be a lot of stupid people because savage sells a butt load of guns every year. And last time I checked they were not going bankrupt or being bought out by someone else.

Paul
Old 08-17-2008, 11:50 AM

'Tis simply entertaining that a tounge in cheek comment can so easilyslip by you. I'm a Leupyfan too but wouldn't buy a Rifleman series scope for a lot of reasons. A Model 700 is not a 710 on many levels, nor should a comparison be made on this thread, as the original poster never mentioned a 710. And neither did I when talking about a model 700. Pretty lame to bring up the 710 when asked about the venerable 700.........

So I shot out a .270 win factory barrel and upgraded with an aftermarket, wanted a different chambering so did so,wanted a lightersynthetic all weather rig so I Cerekoted and fitted it to aMcMillan Kevlar Mountain. Only you would see a problem with that. I have the same thing here that folks spend thousands to have built for them, did it myself and it didn't cost me thousands. I had a'68 GTO once thatstarted smoking andgot rusty too, so I built a new motor and sprayed some new paint. The only reason your Savage has lasted 25 years isthat it's likely sat in the safe most of that time.

Good Gear does sell it itself, crappy gear does too, obviously........
Old 08-17-2008, 11:54 AM

ORIGINAL: CommonSense

Whats a 710?

Hahaha I just found out from another member that you were trolling over in the handloading section, so i guess you have taken up shop over here. I knew I should've taken what you said with a large dose of salt. It's alright, school will be starting back soon, then we won't have to deal with you.
CommonSense huh.......interesting.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

that's right loony - something you should try to find. Of course theID says it all. I've read a lot of your post since you've come on board and its obvious that you put your mouth in gear before your brain is engaged. You even stated you would never buy a Savage - so you're speaking without experience as usual. You may want to take heed of those of us who've had experience with both. And by the way, we are not talking about custom rifles (either customizedby a smith or yourself) but are talking about off the rack production rifles.

Quick Reply: rem 700 adl or savage 110

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.