Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tasco & BSA scopes

Old 03-11-2003, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tasco & BSA scopes

Kodiak, About Simmons scope I have one that came with a trade I made. It' s the 44mag model I believe.I shot the gun before trading and scope performed well.The reason I made the comment about Simmons I have several friend who have or had them. Allot of problems with them.Simmons has a lifetime warranty but that doesn' t do much good if you miss a nice buck because of it.My hunting partner had the crosshairs come loose in his Simmons.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-11-2003, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ruger, I didn' t mean for that to come off wrong. I' m sorry if it did.

Up till now simmons scopes were all I used. none were all that good, but they weren' t bad. But like i said, I may have been lucky.
Old 03-11-2003, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kodiak, You didn' t come off wrong. If I gave you that impression I apologize for that.I' ve never owned a Simmons except for the one mentioned above.I have allot of shooting friends who tell these tales about their guns and equipment.I guess you could say I have no on hands experience with them.I' m going by what they say.I was a DieHard Redfield user. Now that they' re gone and openned under someone else I' ve moved to Leupolds.The only Leopolds I own are VarXII' s.So far so good.I have one Weaver V24.On the lower powers it clear,but the higher you go the clarity disappears.I have several OLD Redfields and wouldn' t part with any of them.If the original Redfield were still in business that' s all I would buy.
Ruger Redhawk