Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Sen Edward Kennedy >

Sen Edward Kennedy

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Sen Edward Kennedy

Old 05-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sen Edward Kennedy

ORIGINAL: DM

ORIGINAL: 8mm/06

Who you gonna blame when he's gone? You'll miss hating him.
I don't hate him at all, i DO hate the fact that he got away with murder and several other serious crimes.

I "don't" hate the fact that he knows the end is near, and has to worry about those things that he did, and where they are sending him!

DM
Maybe I should have said "miss BLAMING HIM" instead of "Hating"
I just think that we should all have better things to do than worry about what come-uppence he'll get. It's not our job....a much greater power will deal with that. I feel for the family and freinds of ANYONE who'll check out under similar circumstances. At 54 yrs old I've witnessed similar struggles in a wide array of family, friends, acquaintances, and even folks I hardly knew. Only one thing in common with them all ..... it's an ugly way to go and takes a great deal of dignity (on everyones part)to tough it out ...
Never liked his politics or his methods, but I can't judge him , not my job.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:49 PM

All I can say is GOD Bless Him ! ... Because all us Pro Gun folks won't.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not going to miss seeing him in the senate, can't stand his politics, but I'm not going to wish him ill either.
On the other hand, he might end up being replaced by some just as liberal but who is a lot more intelligent and much more driven than the 'retarded little brother of the Kennedy clan.'
Old 06-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Spike

Just as an interestingbit of trivia that has nothing to do with what I think of Ted, I am theowner of the seat belt buckle that MJ Kopechne would have been wearing....if she had been wearing it in the first place. It's been in my family sincetwo days after TKput the car in the drink....
Old 06-04-2008, 06:59 PM
DM

ORIGINAL: DM

Who you gonna blame when he's gone? You'll miss hating him.
I don't hate him at all, i DO hate the fact that he got away with murder and several other serious crimes.

I "don't" hate the fact that he knows the end is near, and has to worry about those things that he did, and where they are sending him!

DM
Maybe I should have said "miss BLAMING HIM" instead of "Hating"
I just think that we should all have better things to do than worry about what come-uppence he'll get. It's not our job....a much greater power will deal with that. I feel for the family and freinds of ANYONE who'll check out under similar circumstances. At 54 yrs old I've witnessed similar struggles in a wide array of family, friends, acquaintances, and even folks I hardly knew. Only one thing in common with them all ..... it's an ugly way to go and takes a great deal of dignity (on everyones part)to tough it out ...
Never liked his politics or his methods, but I can't judge him , not my job.
Heck, i didn't judge him... At least no more than you did me for posting what i did... All i did is state my "opinion", and it's worth exactly what you paid for it!

DM
Old 06-05-2008, 12:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I assume that when you state "the things he did and where they are sending him" you are talking about where he'll spend eternity, and I also assume you believe him to be spending it in a warm climate. Perhaps I assume too much, but that seems to be just a little bit of a judgement.

But that isn't a reason for you and me to quibble... I see your point now and have seen it for the many years I've watched Teddy and company. I don'tdisagree with your indignation on his past behaviors and well publicized indiscretions. I just feel that with his final judgement coming soon I don't need to pile on.

And everyone is entitled to their opinion .. and so you have yours and I have mine.No harm no foul.

My real intent in stating "You'll miss hating him" was not directed at you personally at all .... It was really to be directed at all of us who have used Ted (and others) as a lightning rod for our anger/indignation for any and all politicians who espouse the high moral road but then act otherwise. We find a comfort in identifying the frailties of the human race with some well defined targets .. and those targets becomeeasy to hit after a while. So, in that sense, many of us will "miss" being able to point towards such an easily identified source of ire.

I was not trying topick on any particularindividuals here but more pointing out the "feeding frenzy" that seemed to be taking place at the weakened state of an "adversary".

If I sounded to be attacking anyone idividually, that was not my intent. And I apologize to any who took it as such.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, he survived surgery. I don't know if he will attempt to return to the senate. But if he does, his mind will no doubt be more impaired than ever!!
Old 06-05-2008, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: eldeguello

Well, he survived surgery. I don't know if he will attempt to return to the senate. But if he does, his mind will no doubt be more impaired than ever!!
I haven't beenwatching the news lately. I knew they were going to do surgery. Hopefully what they took out they replaced with a piece of common sense.I don't wish him any bad luck but the sooner he's out of the picture the happier I'll be.I'm sure they'll find room to plant him next to his brothers.It's just a wait and see deal now.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:51 AM

I was not trying topick on any particularindividuals here but more pointing out the "feeding frenzy" that seemed to be taking place at the weakened state of an "adversary".
I find little humor in letting anEnemy of known quantity "back up" to take another poke....

Simply isn't in my playbook and that has taken me far, so far.

Be it a skeeter that just drew blood or Teddy K.....same/same.