HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sen Edward Kennedy
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 12:08 AM
8mm/06
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sen Edward Kennedy

I assume that when you state "the things he did and where they are sending him" you are talking about where he'll spend eternity, and I also assume you believe him to be spending it in a warm climate. Perhaps I assume too much, but that seems to be just a little bit of a judgement.

But that isn't a reason for you and me to quibble... I see your point now and have seen it for the many years I've watched Teddy and company. I don'tdisagree with your indignation on his past behaviors and well publicized indiscretions. I just feel that with his final judgement coming soon I don't need to pile on.

And everyone is entitled to their opinion .. and so you have yours and I have mine.No harm no foul.

My real intent in stating "You'll miss hating him" was not directed at you personally at all .... It was really to be directed at all of us who have used Ted (and others) as a lightning rod for our anger/indignation for any and all politicians who espouse the high moral road but then act otherwise. We find a comfort in identifying the frailties of the human race with some well defined targets .. and those targets becomeeasy to hit after a while. So, in that sense, many of us will "miss" being able to point towards such an easily identified source of ire.

I was not trying topick on any particularindividuals here but more pointing out the "feeding frenzy" that seemed to be taking place at the weakened state of an "adversary".

If I sounded to be attacking anyone idividually, that was not my intent. And I apologize to any who took it as such.