Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Sen Edward Kennedy >

Sen Edward Kennedy

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Sen Edward Kennedy

Old 05-21-2008, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sen Edward Kennedy

I apologize for the long blank space below this post.I don't know how or why it happened.I've tried to correct it a few times,without much luck.

First off I don't wish this on anybody, Granted I can't stand this man, maybe hatesa better word.I still can't wish this on him or anybody
He won't be missed by Gun Owners.

Sen. Edward Kennedy has malignant brain tumor By GLEN JOHNSON, Associated Press Writer

BOSTON - A cancerous brain tumor caused the seizure Sen. Edward M. Kennedy suffered over the weekend, doctors said Tuesday in a grim diagnosis for one of American politics' most enduring figures. "He remains in good spirits and full of energy," the doctors for the 76-year-old Massachusetts Democrat said in a statement.

They said tests conducted after the seizure showed a tumor in Kennedy's left parietal lobe. Preliminary results from a biopsy of the brain identified the cause of the seizure as a malignant glioma, they said.

His treatment will be decided after more tests but the usual course includes combinations of radiation and chemotherapy.

Kennedy has been hospitalized in Boston since Saturday, when he was airlifted from Cape Cod after a seizure at his home.

"He has had no further seizures, remains in good overall condition, and is up and walking around the hospital," said the statement by Dr. Lee Schwamm, vice chairman of the Department of Neurology at Massachusetts General Hospital and Dr. Larry Ronan, Kennedy's primary care physician.

They said Kennedy will remain in the hospital "for the next couple of days according to routine protocol."

Kennedy's wife and children have been with him each day since he was hospitalized. Senator Kennedy's son, Rep. Patrick Kennedy, D-R.I., plans to stay at the hospital for the time being.

"Obviously it's tough news for any son to hear," said spokeswoman Robin Costello. "He's comforted by the fact that his dad is such a fighter, and if anyone can get through something as challenging as this, it would be his father. So he's optimistic, he's hopeful, but obviously he's concerned."

President Bush was notified by his staff of Kennedy's diagnosis at 1:20 p.m.

"He said he was deeply saddened and would keep Senator Kennedy in his prayers," spokeswoman Dana Perino said.

Malignant gliomas are a type of brain cancer diagnosed in about 9,000 Americans a year — and the most common type among adults. It's an initial diagnosis: How well patients fare depends on what specific tumor type is determined by further testing.

Average survival can range from less than a year for very advanced and aggressive types — such as glioblastomas — or to about five years for different types that are slower growing.

News of the diagnosis hit hard for colleagues on both sides of the aisle.

"I'm really sad," former Sen. Bob Kerrey, D-Neb., said when told in a Senate hallway about Kennedy's condition. "He's the one politician who brings tears to my eyes when he speaks."

"I am so deeply saddened I have lost the words," Sen. John Warner, R-Va., said in a Senate hallway. Warner said he and Kennedy had been friends for 40 years. Both served on the Senate Armed Services Committee together.

Kennedy, the second-longest serving member of the Senate and a dominant figure in national Democratic Party politics, was elected in 1962, filling out the term won by his brother, John F. Kennedy.

His eldest brother, Joseph, was killed in a World War II airplane crash. President Kennedy was assassinated in 1963 and his brother Robert was assassinated in 1968.

Kennedy is active for his age, maintaining an aggressive schedule on Capitol Hill and across Massachusetts. He has made several campaign appearances for Sen. Barack Obama in February, and most recently last month.

Kennedy, the senior senator from Massachusetts and the Senate's second-longest serving member, was re-elected in 2006 and is not up for election again until 2012.

Were he to resign or die in office, state law requires a special election for the seat no sooner than 145 days and no later than 160 days after the vacancy occurs.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Sen Edward Kennedy

I have had a few friends go this way and it is not pretty. I would not wish it on anyone anytime anywhere except OBL.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

I have had a few friends go this way and it is not pretty. I would not wish it on anyone anytime anywhere except OBL.
Me too. And I echo your sentiments also..................
Old 05-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Somehow I don't believe that Mary Jo Kopechnes family really gives a rats axx. To be honest I don't wish ill on anyone but I won't be sorry if he leaves office.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:13 PM
Fork Horn

kennedy curse is coming back, he killed a women and got off scot free, he is an evil man and has found his reward in the end, dont wish it upon him but he deserves it
Old 05-21-2008, 03:34 PM

The man has been your admitted enemy for longer than a lot of you have been alive.

I've zero problem with Justice served......even when served cold.

I hope it's long and painful.......
Old 05-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

He should have been in jail for life for the Mary Jo incident. I don't wish cancer on anyone (and especially their famlies), but it would appear his time is short. Not a bad thing.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rifle Loony

I hope it's long and painful.......
I am not a Ted fan by any means but that is just a ridiculous statement.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Spike

This is the USA and the man has been elected for a bunch of terms. Now we can like the positions the man takes or we can be against them (and that would include my self along with a lot of this forum it seems) but he was elected by the folks he supposidly represents. I've often wondered how a man that looks as guilty as a crime as he does manages to be elected and then re-elected into office. But because we disagree with his political stance (I hope mine would be the same but who is to say how we would be on gun control if we had lost family members to shooters) is no reason to wish the man pain or suffering. It's Gods place to judge not mine so I'll let him do it
Old 05-21-2008, 06:25 PM

I've zero sympathy...

A fitting end.

No quarter given, none taken......

Quick Reply: Sen Edward Kennedy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.