Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 How important is barrel length? >

How important is barrel length?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How important is barrel length?

Old 05-02-2008, 11:36 AM

Default RE: How important is barrel length?

ORIGINAL: Doe Dumper

LOL Ask him how many other forums hes been banned from. Things must be boring in the "sticks" . Thank God for ignore buttons.
Edited out the Arkansas reference I see....

Tho' I don't hail fromthere that still makes you a Chicken........
Old 05-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wilds

Never once claimed to do R&D "work" for anyone, or any entity other than myself....and friends, aka, pards, huntin' buddies, shootin' buddies, ect.

Can't know where you misread what I wrote beyond a lame attempt to "corner" me on some figment of your imagination.

R&D is an anacronym for research and development....commonly done andknown as "load work up" by anyone who reloads. Only you couldfail tomake that simply obviousconnection......

As far as the girly stuff goes you yourself were the one who couldn'tquite get a handle onthe concept of"skookum" meaning the same as "cool" or "good"...and I figured you'd grasp it with a discriptive female analogy. My bad for not realizing you'd miss that by a mile,too...........

The simple truth is you and your friends here can't justifythe money/time/effort you've spent on load work-ups and long fat barrels in your quest for tiny groupswhen a stranger shows up anddumps purple kool-aid on you party with common sense, laws of physics, and quicker solutions.

BT/DT has merit........
Wilds, you got beat up a lot in school didn't you?
Old 05-02-2008, 11:46 AM

Could have my 12 year old come on here and explain Newberry's OCW priciples as he's a fair knowledge of it. Am afraid however, some one of you would choke on your Cheetos.......

It's a fair bet he can fish as good or better than me.....too.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: RugerM77.270

Wilds, you got beat up a lot in school didn't you?
Not a lot of tolerance fordumbchititude......

You claimin' thatfame too?
Old 05-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Disposable income IS a sumbitch at times ya know, when forced into such things as a Bushnell purchase to win a beer.

I believe the bet was, "Dude, betcha a beer you won't go across the street and buy a Bushnell anything.
Looks like you also bought some bushnell binocs for your boy as well as that elite scope you kept running down on another thread.

Must havewon two beers that day eh "wilds"???
Old 05-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've worked with a lot of people like you. They feel rejected from all the other group, so they find a new one in hopes of being accepted. They enter and try to act like the big man, they start by throwing out insultes and cut down because that is what they usually get, then they try to impress everyone with there cool lingo and I know more then you attitude, then finish off by telling of all their adventures and conquest. The truth is you could fit in any group fine if you took it easy and didn't try so hard.

The real truth is you have hijacked my thread and I have had to waste my valuable time to sift through your pleas for acceptance in order to filter out the knowledge that I need to decide on what barrel I want.

So play nice like the rest of us their are a lot of kids reading and you'll do just fine here.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wilds

ORIGINAL: Doe Dumper

LOL Ask him how many other forums hes been banned from. Things must be boring in the "sticks" . Thank God for ignore buttons.
Edited out the Arkansas reference I see....

Tho' I don't hail fromthere that still makes you a Chicken........

LOL Yep I guess Ill play one more time here...

Does it make me a chicken? Because I have enough class to not ridicule and call names when my arguments are countered with logic? Do you get smacked around a lot? Is that why you've had to move from Cali to Wash to OR or even Paradise? I guess "lip service" is in demand in all of those states...especially in "big stick" country? I figure you must have surely found a home there. LOL If your "mcswirly" was so good Im betting you could find a group to keep you around...lol.

You are living proof that birth contol should be mandatory in houses of prostitution.....

SPS is more than just an affliction...its a state of mind...perhaps the doc can lead you to water on that but swallerin wouldnt be much of a prob for you would it....

Any other slurs ya care to sling our way there ol pal....then please pm me becauseI wont be able to see anything else you type....
Old 05-02-2008, 12:56 PM

ORIGINAL: hillbillyhunter1

Disposable income IS a sumbitch at times ya know, when forced into such things as a Bushnell purchase to win a beer.

I believe the bet was, "Dude, betcha a beer you won't go across the street and buy a Bushnell anything.
Looks like you also bought some bushnell binocs for your boy as well as that elite scope you kept running down on another thread.

Must havewon two beers that day eh "wilds"???
Flatter yourself that you'd know a thing about my boy or his gear. Pride in getting his own stuff is one of his better attributes and seldom lets me buy anything for him, tho' he didn't mind the trade I made to get his first rifle...choosing instead to earn his own way.

The bino's were just such and effort and I can respect a 12 year old kid wanting to do what he can with what he has. Rare in today's world of the gimme generation. He knows whats good......and routinely grabs my Zeiss when he really wants to see something.

The scope BTW, is a Nikon, not an Elite...and I'm proud of you for knowing the difference.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:58 PM

I'm thinkin' you've me confused with someone else.............
Old 05-02-2008, 01:01 PM

What's obviously not obvious to you or your friends is that you can source what ever GoodBarrel length/contour thattrips your trigger and make it shoot well....

THAT point was made if you'd read it................

Quick Reply: How important is barrel length?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.