Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 How important is barrel length? >

How important is barrel length?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How important is barrel length?

Old 05-02-2008, 01:12 PM

Default RE: How important is barrel length?

ORIGINAL: Wilds

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

Some people just can't handle having an opinion. They are right and everyone else is stupid, that's the only way they see it.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that is not impressed.

Paul
Word that "some people here, who've been here pattin' each others back for a long time....can't handle someone elses opinion" and you'd be spot on....
I don't think you have really been here long enough to make that judgement have you? I have been here a long time and I don't see that at all. There are some people here I really don't care for, and probably a few that don't care for me yet we still manage to respect each others opinions for the most part.

Every now and then we get a smart ass with a big ego like you that thinks they are God's gift to the hunting community and some tend to let them know they aren't that impressed. Although I'm going to guess you are probably an expert in everything you talk about. I know the type as well.

Paul
Old 05-02-2008, 01:32 PM

So then, the ball is in your court....since you are a resident Expert.

Do tell us how to make a rifle shoot, and by all means skip the first couple threehundred marks of yardage and go on out past 1K wilst yer at it.....

I anxiously await your expose' on the finer points of ballistics and firearms tuning........................
Old 05-02-2008, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

My apologies ruger for helping aiding in the hijack...this is my last post off topic (in this thread)

Take care and good hunting
Old 05-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hillbillyhunter1

My apologies ruger for helping aiding in the hijack...this is my last post off topic (in this thread)

Take care and good hunting
My apologies also for the deterioration of the subject topic, but this Bozo's had this coming for some time now. The box just got too full and when it exploded, people unloaded from all angles. Sorry....my last shot at it too.....
Old 05-02-2008, 02:09 PM

Of course, when the balls is throwed out, theExperts doin' all the gripin' can't come thru'.....

I AM good at Fishin'...............

You need not a fat barrel, nor a long barrel, to make gains in "accuracy"...

All is needed is a judicous effort to understand the Physics.

Makin' rifles shoot is easy......................
Old 05-02-2008, 02:30 PM

I'm not sorry at all Ruger, can you live with that?

Wilds, I think at this point you have thrown the ball into an empty court because everyone left and doesn't want to play with you anymore.

Paul
Old 05-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

This one time at college I lived with a kid just like you. He knew EVERYTHING about any subject mentioned. Hunting, yep an expert, fishing, yep an expert, women, yep you guessed it an expert. Needless to say, not many people enjoyed his company, most of my friends couldn't tolerate him past 10 minutes of conversation. As a matter of fact, this expert also had a disposable income.......He was an only child that never got off moms tit, bought everything he could think of, and then called mom and she paid his credit card bill...........You don't happen to have an Illagitament son from some "skookum" in Iowa?
Old 05-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

Heck Wilds I kinda like the argument. I start everyday thinking I'm going to learn something new. Thank goodness you have contributed your 2 cents because I have learned a new language. I believe its WV Talk. Not to offend many of the good residents from WV but I know now why there are so many jokes generated from the area. It's because of people like yourself. I know Central PA has its share of Issues but at least your not one of them. By the way, WTF does fishing have to do with the rifle forum. Now you have posted two pics of Fish. You also mentioned something to someone about skipping the first 2 or 3oo yards and move out to 1K. Bring your short stiff shootin pole to Williamsport PA this weekend. Bring your checkbook too, maybe we can do a side bet. You have your 22" 308 and I'll bring something a little bigger. Let your ego at home and bring your Skookum kilitude attitude cause I think you might need it.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:15 PM

It's not length so much as girth:

You're just not a man unless you shoot a .45-70.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys!!!

You've had me chuckling all week at work, really made my day...

I've just gotta know though, who's idea was it to make up this new guy with all the answers,make himbabble like an engineer type that many of us have delt with in the past, with no real life experience and what little he has had is so impressed that he has to run around and announce it to the world???

Genius, pure genius...Ya'll realized it was the "off season" for many and still created some entertainment....Thanks...

Oh yea...Was RugerM77.270 in this from the beginning??? What really made this hit home for me is there is no way that there can be this much chatter over a simple thing as barrel length....

Thanks again!!!

Quick Reply: How important is barrel length?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.