Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 CC Recommendation >

CC Recommendation

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

CC Recommendation

Old 03-21-2008, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: CC Recommendation

Ranger,

I work in an office and am prohibited from carrying at work. I keep my XD in my car for trips, etc. I would mainly carry at night and then either under a coat or in a pocket. this is why I've been focusing on smaller pistols. I don't think it's wise to make drastic changes in my wardrobe. i can't carry a waist pack all day, I can't wear a vest and I can't wear a coat all the time. So it will either be under the shirt or in the pocket. Unless I'm on my own time and wearing a jacket.

I really appreciate everyone's input. This is helping me go to the store and start the selection process.

Spud
Old 03-21-2008, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I carry alittle colt pony in a .380, fits my hand nicely and is a concealable gun. Ihave a shoulder holster made of some type of material that is comfortable to wear next to your skin,I wear this under at-shirt.I have fairly big hands and this gun fits. Give it a look

Old 03-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: oilpatchpride

I carry alittle colt pony in a .380, fits my hand nicely and is a concealable gun. Ihave a shoulder holster made of some type of material that is comfortable to wear next to your skin,I wear this under at-shirt.I have fairly big hands and this gun fits. Give it a look

Is this still in production?

Spud
Old 03-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not sure, I bought it off a police officer and never really checked into it but I like it.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have aold .380 Jennings that fits the pocket nice,also makes a nice IWBpiece.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

I have 2 carry pistols a Glock 23 and a Sig 229 both 40 S&W I use a Bianchi IWB holster with shirt untucked they both work well for me and are easy to conceal chad
Old 03-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

I went and looked at some guns today. The Kahrs are definitly close to what I'm looking for. They have a wide range of pistols that are more than adequate in .380, 9mm and .40. Although, I bet the .40 cal kicks pretty hard in the small package. Most of the subcompacts I looked at were too wide for my use. The Kahr fit my hand very well, also. I looked at the S&W revolvers. Wow was I impressed with the lightness of the alloy frame as well as the even ligther titanium version. I will probably consider this if a semi auto doesn't work out. I have an aversion to the long trigger pull of revolvers but am not opposed to work that out if it's the right gun. I was dissappointed in some of the things the gun store told me about the Bersa. I"ve liked this gun for a long time and have considered it an option but heard that they have to be returned a lot for repairs. The PPK style guns fit my hand well but they are typically on the heavy side.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm open to other comments as I will probably not take my CCW class for another month and will probably continue shopping until well afterward.

Thanks again for the honest suggestions.

Spud