Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 views on hi-point 9mm >

views on hi-point 9mm

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

views on hi-point 9mm

Old 03-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: views on hi-point 9mm

Know a kid with one. It is worth $159. Doesn't shoot bad. Kind of heavy and has a freally at grip but for $159 it is definitely worth it. It is a low end gun but it will shoot straight, so how can you go wrong for $159 if you know what your getting.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

It would deffantly be good for home protection or security on a long trip. It is a cheap semi-auto.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Spike

after doin a search i did find alot of good reviews on it, aswell as some that just dont like em! but i think im gonna have to take it to the range and find out for my self! put a couple boxes though it and if it is junk i guess i aint out that much!!
i got the $100 credit for an old crappy bow i had laying around! i figure it was almost worth $50 and thats what i would of taken,but he offered a100 in credit.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:20 PM
Typical Buck

Take it and shoot it,it by no means is a kimber or browning auto,but for about 15% of what they cost what can you expect,I got one in on a trade several years back,I still have it and shot it every now and then,mine has never jammed on me,I have about $40 in it and I wouldn't sell it for that,it just lays on my night stand.For what you got in it,you did alright,dont worry what everybody says,you might get looked at funny if you took it to a target match,but it will do for defense and if it gets stolen out of your vehicle you haven't lost as much as you would if you had an expensive gun.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:39 AM

If you need to defend yourself you are 100% better with it than without it. But, keep in mind I've seen alot of these guns, and have taken alot of them off thugs in the street, including one who was trying to shoot another guy (over a car stereo) and the gun wouldn't go off.

Shoot it, learn it, and practice clearing malfunctions.

and always remember "in a fight, any hole is better than no hole, more holes are better than fewer holes, and bigger holes are better than smaller holes" - Jeff Gonzales, Trident Concepts
Old 03-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

i have never shot the hi-point handguns, but i do own a 955 carbine in 9mm. i take it out to shoot cans when i have a day to waste. the reason i need a day to waste is i spend over half of the time unjamming the thing. it wont feed fmj or hp ammo consistantly. i just got it back from a friend who said that he would polish the feed ramp, hopefully that will cure the problem. it is a fun gun to shoot, when it shoots. but i wouldnt want to put my life on the line with it. thats why i bought a Taurus PT1911. i hope your gun is better than mine and i hope you never have to find out if it will fail in the moment of need. this is how it was put to me once, "is your life worth $159, i know mine is worth alot more. buy a gun that you can afford and one that you know will be there for you when you need it".
Old 03-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Typical Buck

Jboynjazz, send it back to hi-point. They will fix it or replace it for free and usually include a couple of mags for free. I have a 995 carbine that has never jammed or ftf.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:50 AM

A C9 was my first handgun, actually, and I never hada problem with it. I put...maybe 3,000 rounds?....through it, I never had it jam on me, but my gf managed to stove-pipe it regularly. It was fairly accurate, about as much so as the Glock 17 I have now. It's downfall came when I tried to disassemble it to clean it thoroughly one day....it basically flew all to pieces on me and I never could get the bloody thing back together.

So yeah, it's a great lil plinker, but I wouldn't trust my life to it.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:07 PM

My dad bought a hi point 9mm. He figured for $150 it was worth a shot. We took it down to the pond bank and shot the crap out of it. We shot four boxes of cheap ammo through it, in fairly rapid order. I even shot a complete clip as fast as I could through it. Limp wristed it trying to cause a stove pipe. etc etc. The thing Never jammed. At 15 yards or under the accuracy was acceptable.weknoced over bowling pins at 15 steps rather consistantly.I don't see anything wrong with it for a PDW.she's not the prettiest girl at the dance, but she does give it up! (if you now what I mean)
Old 03-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Fork Horn

I have the HP 995. It is a great gun for the money. I actually got it out yesterday and sited in my red dot. I have thown every kind of ammo down it's throat and never had a FTF.
[/align]
[/align][/align]

35yrds-20rds
[/align][/align]

Quick Reply: views on hi-point 9mm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.