Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 views on hi-point 9mm >

views on hi-point 9mm

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

views on hi-point 9mm

Old 03-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Spike

Default views on hi-point 9mm

are hi points decent for there cost?
had a $100 credit at a local gunshop and wanted a used orinexpensive handgun, they had a new hipoint 9mm for $159 so i went for it! gotta wait the 48hrs and was wondering about them and thought i would get someopinions on it!
so are they junk or are they worth what i paid?
Old 03-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: views on hi-point 9mm

They are worth what you paid for it. Just keep in mind that a $159 semi auto pistol is what it is.... a cheap semi-auto.

Great for knockin' over a liquor store though! Just remember to hold it sideways and lean yo head so your do'rag doesn't get in your eyes when you're doing a drive by.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Spike

ohno, homie dont use dew rags!!
ill be going on a roadtrip alone and just wanted i little security! all kinds of freaks out there where ill be headin!!
probable dump it after a bit as i really dont have much use for it, but i had to use up my credit!
Old 03-03-2008, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey its definately better than nothing at all, and definately better than waving your expired $100 gun store credit at the bad guy as well.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi Point pistols are bricks with a handle and a hole i the end. They will shhot but they will also jam. Buy a used "pretty" gun that you won't want to sell as soon as possible.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:42 PM

Total crap. Worst production pistol available.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Spike

i pray it wont have to be fired!! if it stays new, i should get back what i got into it. i just wouldnt want to get stuck or brake down in a bad area with nothing but my wallet and good looks[8D]. and it is better than a gun store credit for scaring off a possible situation!lol!! i figured it a small price for a little piece of mind!! i will be upgrading it when iget settled.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

Get a Ruger Mark II.

Yeah, it's only a .22, but at least you will hit what you are aiming at, the same can't be said for a Hi Point.

I had a Ruger P95 (a $300 9mm) before I bought my Glock 17. I considered the Ruger to be of absolute minimum build quality and accuracy. I can't imagine what the Hi Point is. My $0.02.

Take it to the range a few times, figure out what you don't like about it, upgrade to a 9mm that addresses those issues.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

they are a great pistol. don't let the price fool you. do a google search, and read some of the reviews that reputable sources have written.

http://www.shootingtimes.com/handgun...ipoint_100605/
http://www.gunweek.com/2006/feature0120.html

Old 03-03-2008, 06:02 PM

Most people that diss the c9 have never shot one i have put hundreds of rounds throught mine with no failures to shoot,or jam its not the best pistol around but its not the worst. it will out shoot myp92 at 25 ft just because some of the so call expert talk bad about them they are going by the cost.if you try one you will change your mind

Quick Reply: views on hi-point 9mm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.