Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 5mm rimfire. >

5mm rimfire.

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

5mm rimfire.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default 5mm rimfire.

has anybody tried the new centurion ammo yet?Does it perform as good as the old stuff,I am waiting for mine it's on back order but I heard that some people out in the western USA already have some.I hope it's as accurate as the old stuff.Let me know if you've tried it! thanks alot
Old 02-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 5mm rimfire.

5mm Rimfire? Is that the gun where ammo went extinct in the late 1970s??
Old 02-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes it is and it's a fine round that was ahead of it's time-in fact,a lot better than the .17s and even the .22 mag. By the way,you do know hitlery is rabid anti-gun right?

Old 02-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Fork Horn

No worries Stalkingbear, longtime member of NRA. I just can't pass up bashing a Clinton!
Old 02-23-2008, 12:01 AM
Typical Buck

yes the ammo was almost gone in the 80's but I still have some of the original stuff,but I was starting to run low,when I found out on this forum that it was being produced again by aguilla.The original rem.ammo sells for about $75 dollars a box,I was about to invest in a centerfire conversion for my 37year old model591 and I heard the great news,I'm just hoping that the new 30grain ammo will group those 3/8 inch 100yard three shot groups that I have got with the original ammo.It's still on back order in the east,but it was available at the shot show in vegas and is already for sell on gunbroker,I have some ordered,but I'm like a kid at christmas and wanting to here good or bad about it,there are several websites about it and they are talking good about it,but there are several websites with people that have seen bigfoot also I want a report from people that aren't advertising anything and have honest opinions good or bad,I will soon know the truth.Thanks for you input's glad some people have heard or even shot this rare caliber that I love for small varmint and close range coyotes.thanks!
Old 02-23-2008, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

WHEW! ya had me worried clayee.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

What are those guns worth? I have one just sittin in the safe.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:05 AM
DM

I have what i believe is the only LH5mm there is, and quire a bit of Rem. ammo for it...

Once the rush is over, i'll get some new ammo for it too...

DM
Old 02-24-2008, 01:16 AM
Typical Buck

hey rsbcon these rifles haven't held any value over a $150 or so since the ammo was so hard to get I was lucky that I had plenty of ammo for mine,I could have sold it and made out good,I have seen some of the little rifles sell for under a $100,but I beleive this might change now that ammo is being made available again,this is a very good caliber and maybe america is ready for a more powerful small caliber rimfire than in 1970 when the rifle was introduced,we seem to have more money to throw into stuff these days,here lately 2 boxes of old ammo was worth more than the rifle,but that is changing.I've saw several auctions on gunbroker close without a bid on some of the old ammo at $75 and no takers.And I'm starting to see some folks selling what they got for a lot less,I still have about a half a box that was bought by my cousin in 1970's for about $5.80 a box it would have been nice to have a 100 boxes put back for 30 years and sold it before the new came along,I wish I could buy CD's at that interest rate.Savage,Taurus,T/C and Rossi are going to make firearm's for it and maybe ruger is what I've read on the 5mm website,and I had never saw a lefty model,I shoot lefty due to eyesight problems,ridge runner I will keep an eye out for a lefty and let you know of the price if it's for sale,I dont work the left hand bolt good it's on the wrong side!!
Old 02-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Typical Buck

I understood Rem destroyed the origional tooling for the 5mm.I think Aguila is Rem owned is it not?This was a great turkey round rumor has it......Harold

Quick Reply: 5mm rimfire.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.