HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 5mm rimfire.
Thread: 5mm rimfire.
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 01:16 AM
coyote#68
Typical Buck

Default RE: 5mm rimfire.

hey rsbcon these rifles haven't held any value over a $150 or so since the ammo was so hard to get I was lucky that I had plenty of ammo for mine,I could have sold it and made out good,I have seen some of the little rifles sell for under a $100,but I beleive this might change now that ammo is being made available again,this is a very good caliber and maybe america is ready for a more powerful small caliber rimfire than in 1970 when the rifle was introduced,we seem to have more money to throw into stuff these days,here lately 2 boxes of old ammo was worth more than the rifle,but that is changing.I've saw several auctions on gunbroker close without a bid on some of the old ammo at $75 and no takers.And I'm starting to see some folks selling what they got for a lot less,I still have about a half a box that was bought by my cousin in 1970's for about $5.80 a box it would have been nice to have a 100 boxes put back for 30 years and sold it before the new came along,I wish I could buy CD's at that interest rate.Savage,Taurus,T/C and Rossi are going to make firearm's for it and maybe ruger is what I've read on the 5mm website,and I had never saw a lefty model,I shoot lefty due to eyesight problems,ridge runner I will keep an eye out for a lefty and let you know of the price if it's for sale,I dont work the left hand bolt good it's on the wrong side!!