Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Need advice on a shotgun! >

Need advice on a shotgun!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Need advice on a shotgun!

Old 12-28-2007, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Need advice on a shotgun!

The Stoger 2000.... Is it a good gun? All I'll say is that the two people that I know that has one, the trigger pin fell out while we were goose hunting two weeks ago and the other guy is lucky to be alive. The receiver literally dissentegrated and he will have metal in his hands for the rest of his life.
Good enough that when Benelli found out the Turks were reproducing them they bought their company. Disintegrated reciever lets see some pictures or other proof.

Think about it like this: Do you really want to go cheap when you're going to have 11,000 PSI+ exploding directly under your chin time and time again? Not me.

Do you have an agenda against Stoeger? Just asking
Old 12-28-2007, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

I picked up an H&R excell auto before duck season for $240 newand it has performed flawlessly for me. I have put over 3000 rds through it and it has not had 1 jam. I have shot everything from 7/8oz to 3in goose loads.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

Good enough that when Benelli found out the Turks were reproducing them they bought their company. Disintegrated reciever lets see some pictures or other proof.
I'm afraid that you'll have to trust me on this one. No pictures were taken by me,but he's lucky to be alive. Several people have laid hands on the shotgun in question though.

Do you have an agenda against Stoeger? Just asking
Well let's see, I personally know 3 people that either own, or have owned a Stoeger. 2 of them have had issues, one being a catastrophic failure. So yes, youcould say that I have an agenda against Stoeger.

You know that saying about drinking and driving: "Friends don't let friends drive drunk"?

Well my saying goes like this: "Friends don't let friends buy Stoeger's."
Old 12-30-2007, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

JMHO,But if you are just going to use the gifts and not add extra a Browning BPS might could be had for around that price. And a mighty fine gun they are.