Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 what is your neighbor is being threatened >

what is your neighbor is being threatened

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

what is your neighbor is being threatened

Old 12-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default what is your neighbor is being threatened

OK i have seen alot of post about people breaking in to your house

but what if it is 10 at night your out side and you hear your neighbor tells in his wife your dead i will kill you.

one lets say your armed with a handgun and she runs out falls out and he is chasing her with a kitchen knife . can you legally shoot him since you are not in danger and he and she is not on your property .

2 lets say the same thing happens but there in there house and the door is open .

3 what if she runs on your land and he follows.

I saw were a guy shot a criminal breaking into his neighbors truck and they locked him up
Old 12-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Spike

Default RE: what is your neighbor is being threatened

I order to use deadly force you would have to prove that your life was in danger or threatened. Even if you are found innocent the cost of legal fees and potential lawsuits could break you. Get a copy of the NRA Guide to the Basics of personal protection in the home. Read it, then Read it again! Remember you can't take it back if you shoot someone.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Exactly..when I took the concealed carry course, they made it very clear that it was for your protection only...Not to protect others...Remember, even if a crook enters your house and is leaving with your TV, you can't shoot him in the back to stop him...

Now, if you intervened and were then attacked, that's a different story...
Old 12-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

but what if it is 10 at night your out side and you hear your neighbor tells in his wife your dead i will kill you.

one lets say your armed with a handgun and she runs out falls out and he is chasing her with a kitchen knife . can you legally shoot him since you are not in danger and he and she is not on your property .

2 lets say the same thing happens but there in there house and the door is open .

I saw were a guy shot a criminal breaking into his neighbors truck and they locked him up
Old 12-07-2007, 10:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

HAHAHAHAHA... government sponsored Dial-A-Prayer. Two hours later, when the cops arrive, they'll have a nice cool body to load in the coroner's wagon.

I think some of you guys are wrong. It's not just protection of yourself. You can shoot to protect someone else who is in imminent danger of death or great bodily injury.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

911 is not as quick as it needs to be

when i was 13 two 18 year old teen agers who wonted to beat the crap out of me started hitting my mom and when i called 11 it took them 20 mins to get to my house 2 miles from the police station all they had to do was drive 2 Miles since i lived on the same road the station was on.

wether it is legal or not not sure i could stand there on the phone with 911 and watch someone be killed my defense would be i thought he would kill me since i was a witness
ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

Old 12-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think some of you guys are wrong. It's not just protection of yourself. You can shoot to protect someone else who is in imminent danger of death or great bodily injury.
[quote]ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

Nope, not wrong...We specifically asked about this situation...Like I said, if he comes after you, it's a different situation...

Another example...Say he is in your garage, in your car and stealing it...Can you stop him????
Old 12-07-2007, 10:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nope, not wrong...We specifically asked about this situation...Like I said, if he comes after you, it's a different situation...

Another example...Say he is in your garage, in your car and stealing it...Can you stop him????
Thankfully, I live in Texas, where the legislature apparently is filled with sane people. I'm not wrong here. And the answer to your question about stealing my car out of my garage is: YES. BANG! Dead Perp.

So, you're saying that in NC, you've got to sit back and watch while someone repeatedly stabs your wife and children and you can't shoot until he actually comes at YOU. That's quite simply the most moronic thing I've ever heard.

Once again. GOD BLESS TEXAS!
Old 12-07-2007, 10:56 AM

I don't know about other states, but in WV you can use deadly force if someone else's life in in danger. I'd be shocked if it wasn't like that in all states. So if you're watching someone shoot a group of school children, you can only watch it happen or run for help???
Old 12-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

You cannot act as a policeman. You would dial 911. Now if his wife ran onto your property and hid behind you for protection and he threatened your life and you were in imminent danger and you warn him and he continues you may blast him. That is the way it is to my understanding where I live.

If someone were breaking into your house and stealing a stereo and leaving the premises and you shot him in the house you would be prosecuted.

Quick Reply: what is your neighbor is being threatened

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.