HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what is your neighbor is being threatened
Old 12-07-2007, 10:59 AM
oldelkhunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: what is your neighbor is being threatened

OK i have seen alot of post about people breaking in to your house

but what if it is 10 at night your out side and you hear your neighbor tells in his wife your dead i will kill you.

one lets say your armed with a handgun and she runs out falls out and he is chasing her with a kitchen knife . can you legally shoot him since you are not in danger and he and she is not on your property .

2 lets say the same thing happens but there in there house and the door is open .

3 what if she runs on your land and he follows.

I saw were a guy shot a criminal breaking into his neighbors truck and they locked him up

You cannot act as a policeman. You would dial 911. Now if his wife ran onto your property and hid behind you for protection and he threatened your life and you were in imminent danger and you warn him and he continues you may blast him. That is the way it is to my understanding where I live.

If someone were breaking into your house and stealing a stereo and leaving the premises and you shot him in the house you would be prosecuted.